Caribou Gear

Technology rant

Spent the morning shuffling through letters from the health insurance company trying to find an access code to log into their new website to pay my premium.
Couldn’t find it, called, got them to text me the code, logged in and can’t find any tab or link anywhere to make the payment.
Ended up just paying by phone 🤷‍♂️
Health insurance. That explains it. Wait ... you said making a payment, not a claim. Well, that is mystifying indeed.

They forced me to take basic microsoft to use a puter to do my job, pick up trash, clean RR's and deal with idiots on vacation.
I had to change passwords monthly to fill out a time card or whatever they called it. Took me 4 times as long to fill out time card.

Wife's car automatically breaking for cars ahead of us that I'm about to pass. It's always a pleasant road trip.

How about adaptive cruise control? Do you have any idea how many times I've been zoned out on the the highway and suddenly realized that my wife's vehicle has auto-adjusted down to 52mph without telling me? :mad:

How about adaptive cruise control? Do you have any idea how many times I've been zoned out on the the highway and suddenly realized that my wife's vehicle has auto-adjusted down to 52mph without telling me? :mad:
Yup stupidest thing in the world. First time I used it it was set to be super sensitive on how many car lengths or whatever I'm running along 80mph just to get like 3 car lengths behinds someone and the car locks up the breaks. I invented an entirely new vocabulary of profanity and sentence fragments all the way up north. I just recently learned that you can change it. Whoops

Yup stupidest thing in the world. First time I used it it was set to be super sensitive on how many car lengths or whatever I'm running along 80mph just to get like 3 car lengths behinds someone and the car locks up the breaks. I invented an entirely new vocabulary of profanity and sentence fragments all the way up north. I just recently learned that you can change it. Whoops
Truck salesman: you want lane assist!
Me: whats that
Salesman: keeps you in your lane using sensors
Me: what???
Salmesman: it can see lines on pavement and keeps your from leaving road or crossing center, real safe!
Me: what if i drive where there is no pavement or lines?
Salesman: looking at me weird
Me: ya i dont want that

Been happy with my '22 Nissan Frontier.
BUT....the drivers door locks independently and randomly no matter where the keyless sensor is. Yep, open one of the other doors to climb over to manually open the friggin drivers door.
Choice words.
Hooking up trailers sucks. Backing up trailers sucks, especially my small boat down a ramp....have to disengage the sensor everytime I go from forward to reverse. Truck gets pissy when I tape over the camera.🤣

Traction control is up there too. At the precise time you need power to not get stuck it kicks in and you’re stuck. Pisses me off so bad.

Back