Taxidermy-A new view

buglum

Here it is, the cumulation of 250 video clips and 3 hours of entirely self-filmed video, all boiled down into 9 minutes. It was a ton of work trying to document the process, and it surely has some editing/exposure flaws, but if you appreciate the effort or the final product give this a comment, I'd be happy to hear your thoughts. As always, its best experienced with headphones.
Cheers to the upcoming hunting season...

https://vimeo.com/73273206

Last edited:
Great work on both! I bet the video editing and production took more time than the deer. Gave me a new appreciation for the hours my taxidermist put into my mount. Thanks for sharing!

Awesome video! This shows that true quality taxidermy is an art. I gained alot of respect for taxidermy about 25 years ago when I wanted to "learn" I helped one of the best taxidermist in NC for two years before I had to understand that I didn't have "it"!
I hope alot of those who will say..."'ol Bob can mount your deer for x$ amount." will watch this video. You get what you pay for!
Nice mount and display.

True artistry capturing an artist at work. Thats a ton of effort documented there. Nice work Nick.

That is excellent. Thanks a ton of posting that, Nick. I was expecting this "how to" segment.

Now I know why I am not a taxidermist.

Excellent video. Thanks for sharing.

Maybe you're a good guy to ask, how do you get hair to lay down in one direction on a mount? I recently had to move a couple and there is some hair sticking out of place I can't get to lay down.

Wow...proof good work is worth the money we pay! Great work and thanks for posting this!!

Great video. You definitely showed the skill and artistic talents that are needed in bring a mount to life.

Brilliant work, i don't think many of us appreciate the skill and time that goes into producing a work of art like that, i will post it on a UK forum.
Cheers
Richard

Wow, thanks for all the comments, never would have thought people would enjoy it as much as they have been.

Unfortunatly it was the only animal I had time to mount this year with school full time, but I am looking forward to graduating and slowly diminishing my personal pile of tanned skins!

MtLion- spray the hair with water in a squirt bottle. then take a rag or t-shirt and pull in tight over the messed up area and then nail/pin the shirt in place until it drys.(couple days)

MtLion- spray the hair with water in a squirt bottle. then take a rag or t-shirt and pull in tight over the messed up area and then nail/pin the shirt in place until it drys.(couple days)

Got it, will give it a try. Thanks.

Thats impressive, very cool to watch. Definitely discouraged me from ever trying my own taxi work though...man a lot of detail work. Awesome job though.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wisco94
Back