Task force $1,950 NR elk tag

I really be interested in hearing the explanation and justification for this exorbitant increase. What is their objective? Let's hear the real position. If it is to eliminate the average guy from hunting, ok but get it out in the open instead of dancing and hiding.
It was in the open the minute pat crank suggested it; increasing the special price by 50% would possibly accomplish the same thing as an outfitter only nr draw.

It was in the open the minute pat crank suggested it; increasing the special price by 50% would possibly accomplish the same thing as an outfitter only nr draw.
Yep, they aren't hiding anything. They are creating certainty for the outfitters in the draw. It pisses me off that they're also throwing around that it secures money for the GF. Yeah it does increase funding for GF, but nobody mentioned that the GF is sitting on just about a years worth of funding reserves. There is no GF shortfall.

So to force NR into Outfitter ONLY is the objective? So basically following AK NR must have a guide plus making it unaffordable for average Hunter? Elitist hunting. Nice.

So to force NR into Outfitter ONLY is the objective? So basically following AK NR must have a guide plus making it unaffordable for average Hunter? Elitist hunting. Nice.
The only positive is that anyone can pay the money and is not forced to go with an outfitter.

Personally, if I were a NR hunter here I would get a second job to afford the special fee to stick it to WOGA....

The outfitters are relentless in selling out anyone and anything to pad their pockets. They don't give a shit about the heritage of hunting, keeping it affordable to hunters of average means, the NAM, etc. etc.

Their agenda is their ability to profit from a resource they don't pay a single thin dime toward management of.

Last edited:
The only positive is that anyone can pay the money and is not forced to go with an outfitter.

Personally, if I were a NR hunter here I would get a second job to afford the special fee to stick it to WOGA....
Pretty much what I was just thinking. I'm a pig headed German, I've done some dumb shit because I'm stubborn. This wouldn't be the last.

I don’t think this is going to tip the scales towards outfitter clients as much as whoever Proposed this thinks it will. I think there’s enough DIY guys with enough money to pay the $2k, that in 3-4 years outfitters will be making another push for allocated tags because there are still clients not drawing tags. Just my guess though.

I do think it will Have a greater effect on Pronghorn and Deer though. I think there’s less that will Be willing to fork out $1200 for deer and especially pronghorn than those who Will pay $2k for elk

The outfitters are relentless in selling out anyone and anything to pad their pockets. They don't give a shit about the heritage of hunting, keeping it affordable to hunters of average means, the NAM, etc. etc.

Their agenda is their ability to profit from a resource they don't pay a single thin dime toward management of.
That is the sad truth of it and it will only get worse.

Here is what I don't get. As a somewhat smart man understanding the basic principles of how to run a business I know this: A backlog of work means good job security and also allows you the luxury of being able to overcharge knowing the few customers you lose will only slightly help your backlog.

So if the outfitter are complaining their clients can't get tags, why would any outfitter actually want that to change right now?

Or is it because they can't get enough clients right now are have openings that aren't getting filled? Well then if that's the case, maybe it's time to stop charging so much?

Here is what I don't get. As a somewhat smart man understanding the basic principles of how to run a business I know this: A backlog of work means good job security and also allows you the luxury of being able to overcharge knowing the few customers you lose will only slightly help your backlog.

So if the outfitter are complaining their clients can't get tags, why would any outfitter actually want that to change right now?
Ones that want to expand and also people want things now they don't want to wait and build points. Easier to sell an impulse hunting trip.

The way western hunting has been pushed along with all of todays technology making it easier than ever to just head west and hunt it’s only going to get worse
Yeah, if it weren't for Newberg, Rinella, and onx I'd probably just be hunting a handful of family spots and never venturing even onto my own state's public land, let alone going west. So obviously I've been a big beneficiary up to this point where there is now too much demand. Such is life. I do feel bad for the NR who were low key doing it before all the tech and media exposure. My gain has been their loss.

Now that it's every state for themselves, I hope we start charging yall $700 for a 5 day duck permit in my state, outfitter required. Flooded timber too full of NR. 🤪

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shooterwallace78
Back