Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Tagging deer, the Rosendale way

RobG

Where's the tag on this deer? Do they tag the balls in Maryland or something?

56165705513--5F7A7920-6EB7-4AD4-A187-A7C3F9B00F8E (2).jpg

Montana private ranch lands doe antelope excursion.
14708115_1413333145361001_2119047770761684768_n.jpg
Rosendale's probable modus operandi, when he's not branding or moving cows.................

Last edited:
Let's see...
deer not tagged,
shot in hind leg (it looks like),
driving off road, in the mud,
no orange, no gun
kind of clean for someone who just shot a deer.

Let's see...
deer not tagged,
shot in hind leg (it looks like),
driving off road, in the mud,
no orange, no gun
kind of clean for someone who just shot a deer.

Looks like the tarsal glands were cut off the back legs. Common eastern practice of taking care of the meat in the belief that accidentally allowing the meat to contact the hair on the glands can taint the meat.

Frankly I don’t think this is any different than Tester’s ad with him holding a shotgun. Dude hasn’t had a MT hunting license in years.

Stupid thing to start a thread about in my opinion.

I don’t care if Tester has had a hunting license or not. I don’t care if my politicians actually hunt or own firearms. I care about how they vote though. Same for Rosendale. Obviously this stuff is staged for many politicians every election cycle. I’m not sure why people 1) decide to vote for someone because of an ad like this or 2) act like they just split the atom when some discrepancy is discovered in the picture.

Looks like the tarsal glands were cut off the back legs. Common eastern practice of taking care of the meat in the belief that accidentally allowing the meat to contact the hair on the glands can taint the meat.

Ah yes, the get that stuff all over your knife so it wont diffuse into the meat after death technique.

Belly deep - the bigger issue here is that he is trying to pass himself as a protector of public lands, which is in direct conflict with his past. An analogous situation would be Tester passing himself off as a hunter if he had a long and documented history of pushing an anti-hunting agenda, which is certainly not true.

The smaller issue is the obvious holes in MR's picture, no tag, no orange, no gun, off road making ruts in the mud, etc. Maybe they photo-shopped him into it like they did when he was defending the second article of the Constitution or maybe he just doesn't follow the rules, or???

The Nuge just enjoys being prick-ly.
He needs to take a lesson from some of us more gentlemanly subscribers and tone it down.....................................................................................

Belly deep - the bigger issue here is that he is trying to pass himself as a protector of public lands, which is in direct conflict with his past. An analogous situation would be Tester passing himself off as a hunter if he had a long and documented history of pushing an anti-hunting agenda, which is certainly not true

I agree that is the bigger issue. Maybe I’ve just never taken these type of ads seriously. I’ve always figured that for the vast majority of politicians, they only pick up a firearm or put on an orange vest once every 2, 4, or 6 years. I know most of them aren’t avid hunters or even shooters, but it plays well with the electorate and that’s why they send out the phony photos.

Back