PEAX Equipment

Sweet Corn

What's your preferred method for eating sweet corn?

• Typewriter

Votes: 65 81.3%
  • Spiral

Votes: 6 7.5%
  • Off the cob (weirdo)

Votes: 9 11.3%

• Total voters
Genuine question.
In certain cities in CA there are mexicans that roam around parking lots with strawberries or oranges for sale. Sometimes you'll see them posted up on highway offramps or parking shoulders selling hepatitis produce for more money than it costs at a local farmers market. I've seen similar in Idaho/northern Utah with gypsies selling potatoes out of the back of 40' trailers. Ditto for Kentucky with Amish folks, and on and on yadda yadda yadda,
My question is, are there tweakers running around the corn states selling fresh corn out of the trunks of Chrysler LeBarons? This is not a bash on corn states, I'm really curious to know.
Not that I've ever seen usually local farmers selling it. Usually a box there to leave your money for the honor system or local kids selling.

Genuine question.
In certain cities in CA there are mexicans that roam around parking lots with strawberries or oranges for sale. Sometimes you'll see them posted up on highway offramps or parking shoulders selling hepatitis produce for more money than it costs at a local farmers market. I've seen similar in Idaho/northern Utah with gypsies selling potatoes out of the back of 40' trailers. Ditto for Kentucky with Amish folks, and on and on yadda yadda yadda,
My question is, are there tweakers running around the corn states selling fresh corn out of the trunks of Chrysler LeBarons? This is not a bash on corn states, I'm really curious to know.
If someone can steal it then someone can sell it. It doesn't matter what it is or where it is.

Genuine question.
Nope, you just drive through the country and tons of farmers set up little honor stands......other than that ALL supermarkets will have it.

ABFE35F5-63E0-41E7-B564-6F4D04802CD5.jpeg

What 11 cents a cob gets you in CA…. Family is from sodak, I miss the good stuff from there.

I've been here in CO for 14 years now and Olathe corn is passable.....BUT....it isn't in the same universe as midwest (esp IA, IL, IN) ripe sweet corn.
It all depends on how it is handled after it leaves the field. If it isn’t chilled immediately and kept cold it won’t be great sweet corn. Olathe Sweet is not a variety but a collection of great varieties that will be great only if they are correctly stored. The sugars turn to starched very quickly if they get warm.

Last edited:
Ok don’t throw anything at me but I was watching some instagram reels and watched a dude throw an whole unshucked ear of corn in the microwave for 4 mins, cut off the stalk end and squeeze out a perfectly cooked ear of corn. I thought it was movie magic but I’ll be damned if it didn’t work. I had three today so far LOL. Give it a shot if you don’t want to cook up a whole mess.

Ate too much as a kid. When it was corn time I think we ate it for every meal for a month solid. Grandpa and dad always planted about 3x more than it would take to feed the state and grandma would make it for lunch and dinner with everything. Then we’d can enough to feed 10 families.

I’ll still eat it, but a couple good fresh ears that are just past blister that pop in your mouth is plenty. I finally got rid of the 6 row planter used for sweet corn just so grandpa doesn’t get a wild hair and wanna plant the whole county.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back