PEAX Equipment

Sweet Corn

What's your preferred method for eating sweet corn?

• Typewriter

Votes: 65 81.3%
  • Spiral

Votes: 6 7.5%
  • Off the cob (weirdo)

Votes: 9 11.3%

• Total voters
Still remember my 5th grade buddy rolling his sweet corn on the stick of butter on my parents' table...like a boss! Game changer.

Love some fresh sweet corn in season!!
Isn't that how everybody does it?
For sure! I use the little pokey holder things in the end of the ear and put the ear of corn on top of the stick of butter and roll completely around multiple times using the heat of the butter to soften the butter.

My wife’s only fault is she cuts her sweet corn off the cob.

Unlimited fresh sweet corn and ripe heirloom tomatoes is something I miss about living back east.

Have you even feasted in the summertime until you have had a thick slab of a West Virginia Mountainer tomato on toasted homemade bread with mayo and salt and pepper?

Sweet corn has to be eaten typewriter still after rolling it on top of the stick of cold butter. Garlic salt and pepper…🤑

When I first saw my BIL eat corn by twisting it off with his fork, WTH, don't ya have teeth? Typewriter all the way, holding the tip of the ear in my right hand and base in my left, just butter applied with a fork which holds it while it melts on the hot corn.

Typewriter, a big strip of squeeze butter from end to end. Use a finger to spread butter across multiple rows and proceed to fill mustache with said butter.

For sure! I use the little pokey holder things in the end of the ear and put the ear of corn on top of the stick of butter and roll completely around multiple times using the heat of the butter to soften the butter.

My wife’s only fault is she cuts her sweet corn off the cob.
During corn season we always have 2 cubes of butter that we keep out. One for breads and one to roll corn on. We have corn almost every night when it's in season and with a family of 8 we usually go through a cube of butter easily.

Part of the Indiana holy trinity for me (sweet corn, BPTs and White Castle) that I long for eternally. I am a ton of butter and salt guy generally, although I DO love a roastin ear at the fair as well.

Here is a top tip for buttering. Take the heel from a loaf of bread, butter VERY liberally and roll the ear around while being cradled on the bread. Efficient and keeps from butter waste ;)

Back