Swaro 8x42 rangefinder Bino?

Goldtip

Anyone used these? I have a chance to make a trade for a pair of these 8x42's for a very good deal in my favor, at least dollar to dollar wise. Haven't had a chance to look through them, but because I have always been a 10x42 guy, told the guy I wasn't interested. But now am rethinking it?! Anyone else who hunts out west use a 8x42? I hunt Montana, Idaho and Washington primarily and do hunt Alaska and Canada at times, am just wondering if I will be horribly disappointed in the 8x42's, or if because they are such a step up from my current optics, I won't really notice the difference? Currently hang a pair of Nikon 10x42's Monarch ATB's from my neck. Any opinions?

Last edited:
If its the new binocular they're great. If its the monocular/rangefinder those are pretty big and bulky.

I have the 8X42's and I think you would be impressed with them. I have always used 10X and thought the same thing, but they are so clear that they more than make up for the magnification difference. Unless you glass using a tripod, they are much easier to hold steady as well.You will get better light transmission with the 8X42's also. The rangefinder is impressive for long distances, ranging well past 1500 yards. The only thing I don't like is that the closest they will range is 33 yards. Other than that, I don't have any complaints.

Yeah, it's a trade for the new 8x42 rangefinding Swaro EL binoculars. Just wondering if I am going to notice a huge difference between an 8 power set of Swaro's and a 10x pair of Nikons, or if being so much better optics, I won't notice it as much.

What are you using them for? Finding game or trying to see how big an animal is? I think the quality difference would make them worth getting the Swaros if its a good deal.

I went from the Monarch's to the 10x Swaro's a few years back. I really liked the Monarch's and they did very well for me for years, but no comparison in clarity in my opinion compared to the Swaro's

Made the trade last evening, these things are amazing for clarity. Can't see being dissapointed in them even dropping to a 8x magnification. Incredibly clear, gotta play with them a bit to figure out the nuances of the rangefinder. Thanks for the advice guys.

Yeah, it's a trade for the new 8x42 rangefinding Swaro EL binoculars. Just wondering if I am going to notice a huge difference between an 8 power set of Swaro's and a 10x pair of Nikons, or if being so much better optics, I won't notice it as much.

Several years ago I upgraded from 10x42 monarchs to 8x42 leica geovids. When stacking and comparing the two of them, the clarity and crispness of the leica's made the 2x loss very hard to see. I probably would have been able to tell going from 10x leica's to 8x leica's, but the leica's (and swaro's) are so much better than the nikons.

For me, the 10x nikon monarchs were too light to hold steady if I was winded or excited, and the leica 8's are much easier to hold steady. There has only been a couple of times I wish I had 10x binos, but for most everything I do 8's have been great.

Guess I never read all the way to the bottom and you already made the deal. Good deal! Hope my above response keeps you from having buyer's remorse. ;)

The easiest way to make changes to the rangefinder is to set them down on a table and click through the different settings with a black background. The mode button is on the under side of the binoculars. They should be switched from meters to yards, and I prefer them on the brightest readout. I always look at the bottom readout of the two yardages because I don't care what the actual distance is, just what I should shoot it for. If you have questions feel free to send me a PM and I can try to help

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back