Suppressor Experience

Silencer Central....spend $849 or more and get their 22k-V2 (rimfire suppressor)
I just did this. If you talk to the rep they will give you a better 22 can for 1/2 the price. Or just get the 22k for free. The banish 22k has four baffles. The one they upgrade if you want is for the banish 22, which has 8 baffles.

I’m almost now of the opinion of, buy a gun and by a can for it. This was my first season hunting with a can. One on my gun the other on my sons. We didn’t have to talk louder cause of ear plugs. Such a more enjoyable experience. Especially with the kids.

Part of it was me accepting the fact that I have no path in the near future to getting enough practice in to ethically shoot at animals beyond 600 yards so there was really no reason to shoot magnums.
If it wasnt for shooting copper id be in the same exact boat. Though I could be wrong, my recollection is that I need a magnum to keep velocity up above 2000 fps with copper at 6-700 yards.

But what you said really hits home. I just don’t have the time or really the desire to shoot critters at 1k. I can confirm this suspicion by the fact that I show zero commitment to practicing beyond my current ranges. I’ve just recently started to be honest with myself about that. For some reason hearing someone else say it too makes me feel better about it. 🤣

If it wasnt for shooting copper id be in the same exact boat. Though I could be wrong, my recollection is that I need a magnum to keep velocity up above 2000 fps with copper at 6-700 yards.

But what you said really hits home. I just don’t have the time or really the desire to shoot critters at 1k. I can confirm this suspicion by the fact that I show zero commitment to practicing beyond my current ranges. I’ve just recently started to be honest with myself about that. For some reason hearing someone else say it too makes me feel better about it. 🤣
Practice farther to make the closer shots easy 😎
I practice out to a mile but won't shoot hair past 400.

I just did this. If you talk to the rep they will give you a better 22 can for 1/2 the price. Or just get the 22k for free. The banish 22k has four baffles. The one they upgrade if you want is for the banish 22, which has 8 baffles.

I’m almost now of the opinion of, buy a gun and by a can for it. This was my first season hunting with a can. One on my gun the other on my sons. We didn’t have to talk louder cause of ear plugs. Such a more enjoyable experience. Especially with the kids.
It's not free, $200 and not very good (hence the "free"). You are better off getting the discounted much better RF suppressor. And there are much better options than ear plugs.

It's not free, $200 and not very good (hence the "free"). You are better off getting the discounted much better RF suppressor. And there are much better options than ear plugs.

Thank you for pointing out, that you have to pay for a tax stamp. Do I like the game the government has no. But if I want a suppressor I play by the rules.

The 22k they advertise isn’t the biggest and baddest hence they are giving it away. It gets people “through the doors.”

I already have the Banish 22, so the free new 22K which is quite a bit smaller fits the bill when ordered with the Banish 223. Was going to go with the Backcountry, but already have the Banish 30 and was more in need of a dedicated 223 can.

I already have the Banish 22, so the free new 22K which is quite a bit smaller fits the bill when ordered with the Banish 223. Was going to go with the Backcountry, but already have the Banish 30 and was more in need of a dedicated 223 can.
What do you think of the banish 22 with regards to suppression? I’ve put my banish 30 on the 22 and the kids loved it. So much I just put myself in jail for the banish 22.

Bought my wife a Ruger American rimfire compact and put a Leupold FX-II 2.5x20 for pest control. Had the barrel cut to 16.5 and threaded 1/2-28. With the Banish 22 you can hardly hear the report of the rifle with standard velocity ammo. Real sweet little set-up. Shot it with the Banish 30 because I had it before the Banish 22, but it doesn't quiet the report as much and it is a lot heavier and bulky compared to the B22.

I shoot a dead air nomad 30 on everything from 223 thru 300 win mag. Nomad is is short and "fat". I like the fact that I can usually hear the bullet impact on game animals and they generally have no idea where the shot came from and a lot of times give me the second shot if needed plus my ears aren't ringing after the shot and can hear the animal if it runs off. In my opinion those benefits make it worth the pain in the brush. I've got a hunting buddy that builds rifles that cut some of my barrels down. 308-20". 300 win mag -22". 300 win mag -24" 223- 16" 223 long range custom 27"

At what point do you start getting incomplete powder burn with a short barrel and overbore cartridges? Or do you do a faster burning powder to manipulate the pressure curve?

I’ve found the powder that works in normal barrel length will still give the best velocities in short barrels. You can play with it on quickloads if you have the program but almost all powders I believe have almost 95% burn in the first 4” of barrel. Obviously The pressure curve is shortened quite a bit reducing the velocity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back