PEAX Equipment

Super Super Lucky!!! Bison!

phutch30

My wife and I got super lucky today on her 2nd day of Bison hunting. We found a bison on public land, with no one else around..hunters or granolas. It was a beautiful -15 degrees out but that seemed to work to our advantage by keeping everyone home. Warden told us that this was the 1st one taken by a non tribal hunter in 3yrs in this unit so we are very very thankful for our luck.

What a super cool animal. Just a huge wooly mammoth kind of critter. I wish I could have convinced a few friends to come along, processing one of these critters by yourself is not fun, took several hrs but got it done

Attachments

• 130143609_3789379247788365_5043881367180331528_n.jpg
    130143609_3789379247788365_5043881367180331528_n.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 282
Last edited:
Congratulations to you and your wife. You may very well have been lucky, because the State has decided to kill a lot of Bison this year and I can’t imagine that this would not affect those who drew/draw a Bison license.
Good for you! Lots of meat.

Congratulations to you and your wife. You may very well have been lucky, because the State has decided to kill a lot of Bison this year and I can’t imagine that this would not affect those who drew/draw a Bison license.
Good for you! Lots of meat.
They are doing the cull over by Gardnier not going to affect this yrs tag holders for the West Yellowstone unit

My wife and I got super lucky today on her 2nd day of Bison hunting. We found a bison on public land, with no one else around..hunters or granolas. It was a beautiful -15 degrees out but that seemed to work to our advantage by keeping everyone home. Warden told us that this was the 1st one taken by a non tribal hunter in 3yrs in this unit so we are very very thankful for our luck.

What a super cool animal. Just a huge wooly mammoth kind of critter. I wish I could have convinced a few friends to come along, processing one of these critters by yourself is not fun, took several hrs but got it done
Congrats! 2020 has been good to your family on tag draws.

That's an awesome trophy. Lots of buffalo jerky for the holiday stockings. Congrats on getting it done.

Back