Sunday Pic of the Day

Last night we went to a memorial gathering for a farmer in the neighborhood who passed about 2 months ago. He had a bunch of antique tractors they lined up. This is the last time these old tractors will be put back in the shed.
View attachment 217888
Buddy that passed away just after high school, loved 4020's. So everybody from the area brought there's and it was a 4020 parade on the procession so to speak. Must have been at least 30 of them.

My poor old bird dog. She’s 12 now and turning grey fast. I’ve never had a lab with feet and belly turn this white so fast. We got her as a sort of rescue at 2 years old and she’s the best dang upland dog I’ve ever had. She’s been on countless trips with some high end bird dogs and I’ve got so many compliments on her. She still likes pickup rides to check cows but she gets in and out quite a bit slower now.

AD1EBC59-753A-482B-8B29-C47CE27BE0D7.jpeg

I was gifted a couple of pugmills from a recently deceased potter through a mutual friend. I've been tearing down the circa 1965 Walker Jamar and restoring it after it sat loaded for 10 years without use. I pulled about 100 pounds of rusty porcelain out of it, took the 3/4 hp electric motor & a couple of bits off it so we could load it up & over the last 3 weekends, been trying to get the auger out. Finally got enough pb blaster into the inserts that they let loose & I got the auger out today using a high tech solution of a 5 foot length of 10" wide, 1.5" thick butcher block as a lever.

The sob is darn near perfect once you scrub & sand a bit. Replacing seals, gaskets, etc. I think the bearings are good. Front insert will need to get filed a little bit to clean up a tooth mark from a slipped monkey wrench, but for me, that's pretty near a perfect job.

PXL_20220403_235424589.jpgPXL_20220403_235440092.jpgPXL_20220403_235434104.jpg

Sounds like we plan similar adventures. 0% chance of success, 30% chance someone gets hurt, 99% chance it won’t go the way we think.

Lol I reminder her of the picture I posted here awhile back when she wanted to go for a walk, 1-1/2miles from the house a frog choking downpour all the way home!

We start most our adventures with the phrase “what could go wrong?”

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caveman84
Back