Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Sunday Pic of the Day

People unacquainted with the lefse game will say they are just inferior tortillas. Those more familiar know they make for good sweet treats with butter, cinnamon, sugar, or jams.

But the OGs of my youth knew, as I know and you should too, that lefse’s highest privilege is as a mop for gravy. It sponges up the derivative liquids and flavors of rendered animal fat as if designed by God to do so, and over the years my mother has been training my children to make it because such a purpose is of the highest priority in our household.

17FDA7D8-16D9-42D2-8C9B-19B92BA7E22C.jpeg

If you look carefully, you can see the bed of a nice mature whitetail buck. He had the wind in his face and a cliff behind him (just over that rise in the photo). He was not expecting me to come up the cliff and I was not expecting him to be laying right there after I made a ton of noise clawing my way up there. I came over that rise and jumped him at 10 yards. If I'd just looked in his direction a step or two earlier, I would have seen the antlers before he saw me. To add insult to injury, now that the season is closed, it's just snowed 3 inches. Guess I'll lick my wounds for next year!

IMG_6278.jpg

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
believeinyourself
Back