Sunday Pic of the Day

Na, never like carp fishing, large & small mouth bass, cats, brim, walleye use to get some ell.
They're not my main cup of tea either. But there's a neat phenomenon in the canal where they eat ripe, fallen mulberries off the surface of the water in areas where the trees are nearby (particularly just NW of Georgetown). One can make a little purple ball as a dry "fly" and go catch 'em from the surface. Worth trying once for anyone with fly tackle.

Last edited:
They're not my main cup of tea either. But there's a neat phenomenon in the canal where they eat ripe, fallen mulberries off the surface of the water in areas where the trees are nearby (particularly just NW of Georgetown). One can make a little purple ball as a dry "fly" and go catch 'em from the surface. Worth trying once for anyone with fly tackle.
I did one. 22 pounder. Had one Hell of a fight. A lot of guys like to arrow them. I grew up in Cabin John. So I know the river and C&O well.

Gravity, schmavity.
52218706236_c88f6b886c_6k.jpg

That sounds like fun! I'm in.

pulled pork for the big ol coed baby shower pool party this afternoon. roughly the 10.5 hr mark. few more hours to go.

woke up needing to do lots of shuffling around due to temperature differentials. clearly they also ended up mostly shoved to the right.

what people experiences with temperature differentials and pellet grills? mines a somewhat older pit boss pro series. may be looking to upgrade and am thinking about finding pellet grills that are more even keeled on temp, especially on that bottom rack.

IMG-9433.jpg

Father in law asked if I wanted to go fishing this morning. I wanted to get some stuff done, so he took my son along with a family friend. Shoulda went, 25, 12, and 4# flatheads, 2 blues around 20, and 1 5# channel.

They kept the 2 big flatheads.30A8C2EE-35D6-40B9-95FA-BDEB962E3C28.jpeg

A buddy of mine called and said another friend of his got the ranch Jeep stuck while taking his son for a ride yesterday. IMG_20220716_140639917_HDR.jpg
I went out today and we decided that I would pull it back while he lifted the front with the backhoe. I told him to make sure he stayed up with the pull. As the tow strap (not a chain) stretched it acted like an elastic band. When the Jeep popped up out of the washout the lifting chain couldn't keep up with the sudden movement raising the front of the Jeep straight up.IMG_20220716_142130354.jpg

It all ended ok as it emptied out all the spent casings from the floorboards.

Back