Successful Montana Mule Deer

freu1chr

I wanted to thank everyone on here, for all the advice and guidance I was given for Montana mule deer. I got it don’t on the first morning of the first day of my trip on a great 3 x 3 with eye guards! I thought it was to good of a buck to pass on the first day because like randy says don’t pass on the first, with what you would shoot on the last. Public land a mile and a half in! I guess it’s time to go try and fill my wold tag! 3984BD3B-08A1-4E92-8714-D0C202C5939F.jpegFFD30AB0-24A9-4F67-86D9-5C8366126CA9.jpeg

Very nice buck!

Anyone who hunts Montana: is that a normal rack for a mule deer around there? To me it looks more like a whitetail rack than a mule deer. Here in SD they just split different from what I've seen.

Maybe a hybrid mule/whitetail?

Still very nice buck, I'm sure the pack out was awesome... haha!

Very nice buck!

Anyone who hunts Montana: is that a normal rack for a mule deer around there? To me it looks more like a whitetail rack than a mule deer. Here in SD they just split different from what I've seen.

SD: I agree. The head and body of course look very muley, but the ones I have killed all split differently. That is a unique cool looking muley though but does look more like WT that I have seen in MT, and killed in SC. BTW, freu1chr, those G2 tines are STRONG! That pack out hopefully was not too rough on you.

That is a very typical muley for Montana. We do get a lot of cross deer but it is usually way more pronounced than that.

Very nice buck!

A hybrid looks very distinctive, almost like a black tail.

Congrats on an awesome mule deer buck! I love the dark rack and forehead. My daughter shot one with a similar 3 point rack with eyeguards in western SD last year. I will try to post a pic. Another fella from out East shot a WT looking racked mule deer also in the same county as hers in SD this year. I don't believe they are necessarily cross breeds just cuz they have tines going up off the main beam vs. splits.
Image-1 (2).jpg

Very interesting! For sure a unique buck from what I'm used to seeing!

Muskeez, that side view puts it into perspective better for me, thanks for sharing.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back