Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Stuffed tenderloin

wytex

Made some stuffed mule deer tenders for dinner. Really enjoyed them. Sauteed the mushrooms first with some garlic and Italian spices and salt and pepper. Added panko breadcrumbs and shaved parmesan cheese then tied them up and browned in hot cast iron and finished in 450 degree oven for about 10 minutes.
DSCN0051 (1200x900).jpgDSCN0053 (1200x900).jpgDSCN0056 (1200x900).jpgDSCN0065 (1200x900).jpg

I'll be trying this. Anything thing you would do different after the fact before I dive into it?

I'll be trying this. Anything thing you would do different after the fact before I dive into it?
Cook it a little less time in the oven perhaps, maybe 7-8 minutes at 450. When I seared it I had some onion and garlic in the pan, put the garlic in after you turn it once.
I had the cast iron skillet in the oven heating and put it on a hot burner to sear it then back in the oven.
I bet some other types of mushrooms would be great, I used crimini. The panko were Italian seasoned . If you like it spicy, I'm thinking diced jalapenos with breads crumbs and cheese would also be good.
Don't butterfly the tenders all the way to the ends but try to open them up once down the middle and again on each side.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skywagon
Back