Stuff you don't like for no good reason

I dont like the BOSS system on my browning abolt. It shoots great and I like the way it fits me. Its a nice rifle. I just never could warm up to that thing on the end. I got it as a gift in the late 90s if I recall.

I dont like the BOSS system on my browning abolt. It shoots great and I like the way it fits me. Its a nice rifle. I just never could warm up to that thing on the end. I got it as a gift in the late 90s if I recall.
I pulled my BOSS off, had a thread adapter made, and now my suppressor fits on it.

I'll just tell you what I Like.
Rifles Remington,Winchester, Ruger, Marlin, Rockriver.
Shotguns, Remington 1100 or 11-87
Handguns Colt, Ruger, Glock and Beretta.
Scopes Leupold, Weaver, Burris, Vortex.
Nosler bullets Big Game, Hornady & Sierra bullets Varmint's
Smartwool, Mindel hunting boots. Suspenders
Knifes Cutco, Buck, Gerber, Havalon, Case
Mountain House Meals, tuna in foil,candy bars
Beer what anyone buys Me !
Petzel head lamp
Browning Coat blaze orange
Pelican hard case for Airlines
Leica range finder
Eberlestock Just one pack for long pack outs and Elk hunting.
Cables Guide Series 6 Man Tent.
Kelty 4 Man Grand Mesa tent.
Camp Fires with a good Chair !
Brother and Best Friend to enjoy the Outdoors.
I don't let the little things bother Me anymore because my give a dam is busted.
Good Hunting & Shoot Straight.

I don't like that seemingly every new hunting rifle on the market has an incorporated muzzle break. Are these really needed on low-recoil non-magnum calibers or is it just a tacticool trend working it's way into the hunting world?
I think you are just being narrow minded, everyone knows that the shoulder shattering recoil of the 6.5 Creedmoor and 223 Remington just has to be tamed.

That reminds me - I hate muzzle brakes and short shotgun barrels, but I think those are actually for good reason so may not qualify for this thread.

Maybe I should start a “Stuff I Hate for Good Reasons” thread.

That reminds me - I hate muzzle brakes and short shotgun barrels, but I think those are actually for good reason so may not qualify for this thread.

Maybe I should start a “Stuff I Hate for Good Reasons” thread.
It'll be doubly as long as this thread prolly

Anyone mention sun shades on scopes yet?

Such a small window of useful applications but it seems all the rage to keep it attached. Probably makes it shoot further…pew pew!

I found a non-ported aftermarket tube for my brother's BAR. Sure has made a difference. I shot that the ported version once prone on the side of a coulee and suffered permanent hearing damage. The "improvement" in accuracy seems to be debatable.

Such a small window of useful applications but it seems all the rage to keep it attached. Probably makes it shoot further…pew pew!
I totally made him of my little cousin for having one on his scope this fall. Less than 24 hrs later I setup on a group of mule deer with the sun right into the scope and for first time in my life, wished I'd had a sunshade

I totally made him of my little cousin for having one on his scope this fall. Less than 24 hrs later I setup on a group of mule deer with the sun right into the scope and for first time in my life, wished I'd had a sunshade
I bring one in case I need it for that reason. I never keep it on though.

I have a sunshade on all the time. There is no downside and its there when you need it.

I have a sunshade on all the time. There is no downside and its there when you need it.
The downside is a mention in the “stuff you don’t like for no good reason” thread.

I understand the use of one, I feel like there is a difference in the guys who keep one because of the functionality and also the guys who do it because they think it adds 200 yards to that maximum effect range.

The downside is a mention in the “stuff you don’t like for no good reason” thread.

I understand the use of one, I feel like there is a difference in the guys who keep one because of the functionality and also the guys who do it because they think it adds 200 yards to that maximum effect range.
wuh 🤯 what are you talking about? A sunshade will add at LEAST 573 yards to my long-range 6.5 Creedmoor elk slayer's effective range!

Kuiu Bros and Salvage Rifles.

Seeing a grown ass man take pictures of himself (in Kuiu clothing) to post on the internet to ask other men how he looks, is probably the most emasculating thing I've ever seen on the internet related to hunting. Before I was banned (the list is long) from the Kuiu by sell trade page on FB, the amount of tears and anti-bulling message I got was impressive.
the dude who founded Kuiu said he'd never make clothes for women, so that brand went on my s*** list a long time ago. This is hilarious tho

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NTSS
Back