Stressed out over possible Arizona tag error

okie archer

Credit card was hit last week for Az elk. I applied with two bonus points. In total disbelief, to say I have been excited is an understatement. Well until today that is. I was looking over my draw notes and for some stupid reason my fifth choice was for hunt code 3115 which is a cow tag. I did not by any means intentionally apply for a cow tag. Only thing I can think of is maybe I was intending on putting down 3015 which is a late rifle bull tag and got one number off. I really don't know what happened. Anyway, I don't know for sure which choice was drawn. I can only endure the agony waiting. My 1-5 choices were as follows. 3128 6A, 3127 5Bs, 3113 6A, 3113 6A, 3115 3B. In that order. Archery, Archery, muzzleloader, muzzleloader, can't remember fifth choice weapon because I stopped caring when I realized it was cow tag. Anyone have any experience that can guess what tag I'll draw considering those circumstances?

Last edited:
The reality is you put in too many choices. There is no way you would draw any of those latter choices if they were bull tags. Pretty much after your second choice you are wasting your time applying for any bull tag.

So then, the only thing I can hope for is I drew either a first or second choice which would be a archery bull tag. Otherwise I drew a tag I did not even mean apply for. A cow tag which means not only did I waste my $665 dollars but also burned three points.

I guess on the plus side, if you apply for 2 more years you'll have your loyalty point.

I hope you get a pleasant surprise and find out that you drew one of your first two choices. It's very possible. My fingers are crossed for you!! That said, if you drew a cow tag you still have a chance to hunt elk and bring home a bunch of delicious meat. I can think of much worse ways to blow $650.00!! I'd go, keep a positive attitude, and enjoy the hunt. (Easy for me to say, huh??)

I hope you get a pleasant surprise and find out that you drew one of your first two choices. It's very possible. My fingers are crossed for you!! That said, if you drew a cow tag you still have a chance to hunt elk and bring home a bunch of delicious meat. I can think of much worse ways to blow $650.00!! I'd go, keep a positive attitude, and enjoy the hunt. (Easy for me to say, huh??)

Hope your 1st choice comes through, +1 on the positive attitude and enjoying the hunt regardless of what tag is drawn.

You drew your 1st or 2nd choice.The hunt numbers you chose also tells what weapon the hunt is.So your 5th choice of 3115 is a muzzleloader hunt.And your 3rd and 4th choices are for the same hunt.Both muzzy 6a

Thanks for all the encouragement. I should have a better attitude but I'm very disappointed in myself for not catching my mistake. I was trying to be careful not to make a mistake. I thought I double checked everything before I finalized my application. If someone would have told me I put down a cow tag on my Az application I would have said no way. I would no way want to travel from Oklahoma to Arizona for cow hunt when I could go to Colorado. Anyway, I'm still hoping for results.

My guess is you drew your first choice in 6A with the number of tags they issue for that September archery hunt and the two passes they started making this year. That's what my buddy put in for and drew after having just been there in 2011. Keep your head up and my guess is that when the results come out you'll be back here on the thread with a big grin!

I'm in the same boat, I accidentally put in a cow tag as my second choice. There are rumors that you can turn it back in, but that remains to be seen. Im bummed at the mistake, but figure I'll get over it when I'm hunting in December with my wife trying to bring home two elk tongues, hearts, and four femurs for the table.

The reality is you put in too many choices. There is no way you would draw any of those latter choices if they were bull tags. Pretty much after your second choice you are wasting your time applying for any bull tag.

Yup.

Plus-- last year, the cow tag you're worried about getting had all of its' tags issued in the 1-2 pass as well. There is pretty much no chance that you got anything other than one of your first two choices.

Congrats.

Nah, ya ain't gonna sleep a wink. Dreams of bulls with a outside spread way out to yonder...fretting over the right bullet/load....what next question to bug ALL of us who won't be anywhere with an Elk tag to JUST RUB IT IN ............:hump:

Congrats Buddy. Go slay one !

(remember, pics of your success inspire All of us)

Nice! Just saw this thread. Happy it worked out for ya. Looking forward to seeing pics of your hunt!

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back