Stone sheep raffle only 500 tickets sold!

Gohunt says I have a 2% chance here in MT this year. Maybe I should add this to the mix.

Yeah but the AK one is for a fenced hunt. You have to pay 20 grand extra to make it in a non fenced area.

Im not familiar with stone sheep. I know sheep auction tags go for $150,000 give or take back home.

A quick google suggests stone sheep hunts, outfitted, are about $30-50K. The other sheep tag prices typically come so high because drawing odds are so low that auction tag price account for the rarity.

Last edited:
Im not familiar with stone sheep. I know sheep auction tags go for $150,000 give or take back home.

Stones are just an expensive hunt $35-45k, but there is lots of availability. Rocky mountain sheep in the lower 48 are in far more limited supply, so the price is much higher at auction (and can vary wildly depending on hunt area).

Stones are just an expensive hunt $35-45k, but there is lots of availability. Rocky mountain sheep in the lower 48 are in far more limited supply, so the price is much higher at auction (and can vary wildly depending on hunt area).

If anyone is finding quality stone hunts for $35k without trophy fees I’d be shocked. 40-50k is the going rate right now for reputable outfitters.

On the flyer at the link it says the value of this hunt is $44,500 and explains that what you win is just for the outfitted hunt, not additional Bush flights, license, GST, export fee, tips etc.

I’ve won a free sheep hunt, and they aren’t free when it’s all said and done.
I’d plan to spend 5-6k, not including taxidermy if you win something like this.

Thanks for posting Josh. I’ll buy one.

Last edited:
If I wasn’t going to already be Alaska those dates I would be in for couple tickets. Better odds then the 200 I drop in Idaho every year that some times I am drawing dead anyway. I often wonder if NR understand hard cap based on the amount of applications. Terrible money suck

If I wasn’t going to already be Alaska those dates I would be in for couple tickets. Better odds then the 200 I drop in Idaho every year that some times I am drawing dead anyway. I often wonder if NR understand hard cap based on the amount of applications. Terrible money suck

No they don’t. If you do the math many of the states draws as way worse odds and end up costing more than buying lots of raffle tickets for these types of limited ticket raffles.

maybe you need to reread what I wrote or ask for clarification.

I think when he said ‘no they dont’ he was agreeing with and referring to you saying they NR not understanding caps, as in no, they don’t understand.

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back