MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Stone Glacier Bought Out

Does anyone know if Kurt is related to Mark Racicot once governor? Famous name. I can’t fault them for building up a brand and selling it, that’s like the American dream for a lot of people. Many business owners have zero exit strategy and only wish they could cash out like this. Good for them.
He is.

Does anyone know if Kurt is related to Mark Racicot once governor? Famous name. I can’t fault them for building up a brand and selling it, that’s like the American dream for a lot of people. Many business owners have zero exit strategy and only wish they could cash out like this. Good for them.
On a MeatEater podcast I remember Rinella asking Kurt if he was kin to Mark Racicot and he said it was his uncle and Steve joked “ so you are politically connected ? “ and he just kinda brushed it off and moved on to other topics.

On a MeatEater podcast I remember Rinella asking Kurt if he was kin to Mark Racicot and he said it was his uncle and Steve joked “ so you are politically connected ? “ and he just kinda brushed it off and moved on to other topics.
I remember that. It was a bit awkward.

Both of your examples ARE retail that got big by driving small, then medium businesses out. Walmart wasn't born big, nor was AMZN, they built empires by killing competition. Maybe that is the American dream. Maybe that's what everyone wants and strives for, to be the Wilks bros.
God damn Singaporean bastards, if not for them we’d be hunting the durfee hills.

With such a high growth business, ya don't focus on cost cutting. SG is in high product demand. Vista is investing in the business by building a new retail space and warehouse. They need good, dedicated employees. And that is a tough problem to manage. Vista does have good brands. I was impressed with the CEO interview, both as a customer and an investment manager with 35 years experience, and former small business owner.
Given your HT-posted CV you should know 1)That was a marshmello-soft interview. 2) cheap money can cover a lot of mistakes.
The stock is cheap and the CEO is trying to diversify away from the volatility associated with guns and ammo sales driving the stock price.

Of all the people I’ve met in my life that were starters and leaders of outdoor companies, etc. Kurt Racicot ranks at the absolute top. I don’t know him well but trust my impressions. I believe he’d already sold to the Sposito family a few years ago so not sure how he did in this deal - but I hope he did as well as possible. Good luck to him and all the others involved.

We don't have capitalism today. We have Crony Capitalism, kinda like the late 1800s and early 1900s with JP Morgan, Rockefeller, and Andrew Carnegie. Now dumbfcks like Pelosi, Biden, Harris, etc etc are involved. Musk goes to them to get a subsidy or pass a law to get new business.
Musk had literally done interviews recently bashing Biden's Build Back Better Bill, partially because it includes subsidies for electric vehicles. He says outright that he doesn't need the subsidies.

Like others have said, I didn’t realize that selling out to a major corporation was the American Dream.

Many others have done it. I remember being surprised to hear Primos sold out years ago. Now it doesn’t surprise me at all.

Musk had literally done interviews recently bashing Biden's Build Back Better Bill, partially because it includes subsidies for electric vehicles. He says outright that he doesn't need the subsidies.
I saw that also. I say bullpucky. Some CEOs talk out of both sides of their mouths. Musk can be erratic, so I personally discount anything he says.

I ran into Kurt and his father in the Absorka bear tooth wilderness in 2010 when I drew my goat tag. I was about 7 miles from the trailhead and they were hiking back from further in. They were scouting for unlimited sheep. They stopped and visited with me for about an hour. Kurt told me about his backpack company that sounded like it was pretty new at the time. They were as nice and genuine people as I’ve ever run into in the outdoors. Years later, I saw a picture of Kurt with an unlimited ram he killed that year like 14 miles from the trailhead.

Ive dealt with Ryan (who is a fuking riot, big personality) and Andrew. Good guys, well made product. Vista Outdoors I believe is the old Remington crap that got pieced out and Federal Ammo picked them up in the bankruptcy.

I sure hope they don't start making them in China. So tired of chinese crap filling up our landfills. We should put a special tax own all this chinese crap to pay for the extra environmental costs. I won't ever buy anything from Cabelas after BassPro and Johnnie Morris bought them. I was a customer for 30+ years. BassPro closed down the 2000+ employees in their Nebraska headqtrs just before Christmas 2 or 3 years. What does BasPro sell? A bunch of chinese crap to the weekend warrior. No thanks. I had a Cabelas credit card for 20+ years. First thing BP does is sell off the Credit card operations to Capital One. Another sht outfit. But after downsizing 2000 employees of Xmas, BP finds the money to send a plane-full of supplies to the "Poor" Bahamas for hurricane aid. These are the fckers that are so corrupt and charge U.S. fisherman $6-7 a gallon for gas, when gas was $2-2.5 here. No thanks. I want to set the record straight, we don't have capitalism, we have crony capitalism. Period. Crooked Dumbs, but just as crooked Repubs.
Try again.

This has NOTHING to do with REMINGTON or Bass PRO/Cabela's/Sportsmans' Whorehouse. Your little FB rant reveals how little you know about this stuff. Let the adults talk now.

If you want to bitch about Johnny Morris, start another thread.

Vista bought Remington ammo because they could. Vista is a well managed company and Remington was not. To the winners go the spoils.

Vista Outdoors is an established brand with deep roots. Federal, RCBS, Speer, Savage, CCI and all the other divisions of Vista are making their products right where they were making them before they were acquired. Vista OWNS Federal, not the other way around. Did Vista lower the quality of Federal Ammo, Speer Bullets, CCI rimfire ammo or primers?

I really don't give a rat's ass if you don't want to shop at BassPro. I will keep buying CCI primers and Speer bullets because they are damn good. I would buy an SG pack if I were in the market.

In Bozeman, we have the Sitka Depot. You can buy this for $400..
Sitka sleeping bag coat

But at Walmart - we got one of them too.. you can save $300 and get a much cooler pattern.. Duh.

View attachment 206937
Do they have them with Deschute's Brewing logos? Asking for a friend.

Here in North Idaho you could wear that outfit on any trail and have perfect camo among all the littered half-rack cartons laying around.

Last edited:
I heard getting Remington ammo back up and going was a bit scary. Machines just shut off and left when the doors were shut. So primers, powder, etc just sitting there.

I have faith vista will do little except supply capital to SG. It seems to be a very successful operation/business. Why mess with that?

I saw that also. I say bullpucky. Some CEOs talk out of both sides of their mouths. Musk can be erratic, so I personally discount anything he says.
So, ignore what he does and says and stick with what you assume he does and says in secret which you couldn't possibly know. Got it.

I don't have time to be that conspiratorial lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shed God
Back