Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Stone Glacier Bought Out

So get the Chilkoot bag now is what I am hearing. I hope their product quality stays good. It would be a shame to build such a good product and have it go to crap after the company is sold.

I saw Primos on that list and they still make some pretty darn good stuff. I'll keep my hopes up that SG maintains high quality standards and customer service. And who knows, maybe the larger brand will be able to find some efficiencies and make some SG products more reasonably priced.

Kurt helped me get my son setup with a pack last week. I don't know him well (a friend introduced us a few weeks ago), but he seems like a super nice guy and was very generous with his time to make sure we got what we needed. Most importantly, I don't have to carry two rifles next year...

I hope its a win for both parties. Just bought a sky archer from Go Hunt, with the triple points they offered...go deal.

My best friend’s little brother worked his ass of building up a fencing company the last 20 years. A couple years ago he got an offer he couldn’t refuse and is now retired at 47.
The seller always benefits, or there wouldn’t be a sale. The losers in these situations are typically the non-equity employees. Customers can always move to a different brand.

I guess my version of the American dream doesn't end in selling out.
Everyone who starts a for profit business has the goal of making money. That is literally the definition of the American Dream. Are the founders supposed to toil away until they keel over dead without ever reaping the rewards of their hard work so you can feel better about their brand?

I understand your frustration of having a favorite brand sold, but smearing the owners for selling their business is more un-American than them deciding to sell it.

Congrats to Kurt, Jeff and the rest of the Team. I'm sure this is a big win for most of them.
I am worried about product quality drop for my own personal reasons - but hopefully Vista will allow them to continue to innovate and build. I think only their packs are currently American Made- everything else is made elsewhere - I believe my Black Label Jacket and my pants are all Vietnam. But if the quality stays up then that is fine.

Again Congrats to the SG Crew, and I'll keep using their stuff unless another small independent shows up that is as good. Love my SG Gear overall.

Reactions: Hem
Everyone who starts a for profit business has the goal of making money. That is literally the definition of the American Dream. Are the founders supposed to toil away until they keel over dead without ever reaping the rewards of their hard work so you can feel better about their brand?

I understand your frustration of having a favorite brand sold, but smearing the owners for selling their business is more un-American than them deciding to sell it.
The American way is selling a company and somehow working it so you don't pay any taxes on the proceeds. ;)

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back