Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Stolen in Western Colorado

Boy that makes me sick - even though it's covered by the insurance. You want to believe you are getting away from people who do stuff like that when you head to the outdoors. Glad you're getting your stuff replaced but someone(s) is flirting with a major backwood ass beating if they get caught doing stuff like that. I suspect someone is watching/spotting the guy leaving camp and keeping an eye out the whole time. Kudos to those on here who offered help.

I'm a bit curious...You were out hunting and came back to camp and everything was gone or you left a bunch of equipment in the woods and just expected it to be there when you returned for hunting?

Either way it sucks as it's gone, but I guess I will never understand the mentality of leaving thousands of dollars of equipment in the woods unattended, people suck and I trust no one anymore.

Great news.

Almost all the gear has been recovered.

I pick it all up tomorrow morn. Hopefully it's in decent shape. Especially the spotter.

As suspected, the sheepherder did the deed.

They got him when they brought the sheep off the mountain.

Kudos to the La Plata County Sheriff Department, and to the owner of the sheep. He took the situation seriously.

A genuine thanks to those that offered to loan me gear.

Last edited:
That's awesome, it's nice to hear sometimes there's a good resolution to the story.

My brother-in-law had something similar happen when the mushroom pickers were out one spring, however the Sheriff said there wasn't enough cause to search the bastards stuff so they got away with it.

My sheep ranching friends have told me numerous stories about cases of theft with their Peruvian herders, at the same time praising others.

He probably is here on a H2A visa and a conviction should send him home.

Got most of it back today.

The spotter has been monkeyed with but is in good shape.

The sleeping bag has been used. Smells like ass. Crimes against nature may have been committed in there.

Havn't set up the tent yet. I hope I don't find hoof prints in there.

The guy that had my gear in posession was not the Peruvian, but a Navajo. The owner has muliple herds/herders in that area. I questioned the guy in person twice. It was pretty obvious to me from his behaviour that it was him. Boot prints even matched.

He burned through a complete can of fuel and my sil-nylon tarp is missing. Other than that it's mostly there.

Very pleased to see it again.

Kudos again to the La Plata County Sheriff department and the sheep owner for taking it seriously.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Failure2Adapt
Back