Stolen in Western Colorado

T Bone

Hi guys,

My entire backpack camp was stolen in a remote area of La Plata county Colorado around August 30th.

Please keep an eye out for:

1)- Spotting scope: Minox MD62 ED with 21-42 L.E.R. eyepiece. Model # 62212 Serial # 61000105.

2)- Vortex Ridgeline tripod

3)- Mountain Hardware 3 man tent

4)- Marmot Flathead 20 degree Long model sleeping bag

5)- Big Agnes Q-Core sleeping pad

6)- MSR Rocket stove

7)- Olicamp XTS cook pot

Authorities have been contacted.

This has really put a crimp in my mountain goat hunt.

Please keep an eye out at pawn shops, Craigslist, etc.

Cash reward offered.

Hope it is all recovered.

Stupid criminal/s. Extra special wishes for flogging penalties and restitution on stuff like this.

Some of the rotten vermin breathing our air. Posted your list next to the puter. Will keep am eye out.
And, so sorry to hear this.

Let me know if you need to borrow anything. I have a jack Wolfskin 2 man tent, and snugpac and NF 20F syn bags here in the springs.

That sucks....

I was worried about leaving my stuff even just for the day, but didn't have any problems in Idaho this last weekend.

It would be horrible to lose all that stuff. Maybe your homeowners insurance may cover it?

Hopefully! Good Luck.

I have a Hilly billy Nallo 2 GT you could use. You can even use my Spotter if you wish, not sure how we could get everything down there in a timely matter.

JFC, it's one thing to be a complete and total dirtbag and steal stuff, it is a whole other element to put someones life in danger.

If you need anything let me know, I'm happy to ship you anything listed below.

MSR Dragonfly stove
The North Face Cat's Meow 20 degree (long)
REI sleep pad
Big Agnes Madhouse (2pp/4seasons)

Oh I forgot:

For Sale

1)- Spotting scope: Minox MD62 ED with 21-42 L.E.R. eyepiece. Model # 62212 Serial # 61000105.

2)- Vortex Ridgeline tripod

3)- Mountain Hardware 3 man tent

4)- Marmot Flathead 20 degree Long model sleeping bag

5)- Big Agnes Q-Core sleeping pad

6)- MSR Rocket stove

7)- Olicamp XTS cook pot

Contact me for prices.

But I am serious about the tent and spotter, I'll just be elk hunting in Muzzy season, don't need a spotter where i'm hunting.

Last edited:
Suspect wears a size 7.5-8 boot.

Where do you buy gear late in the evening on Labor Day?

Walmart to the rescue!

Not only is it heavy, it's bulky.

As I said, you can borrow anything I have. But I will be leaving town in a couple of hours, so it would need to be soon.

Wow......any nearby outfitters? Could be some jackass that hates public land hunters hunting around his private/guided land. Seriously though WTF is wrong with people? Stealing another hunters items in the backcountry WOULD NEVER EVEN CROSS MY MIND. I hope the loser gets what is coming to him and soon. Sorry for your loss

Boy this sucks!

I once spent a sleepless night because I left $4k in gear stashed 4 miles up the trail from me.

That really sucks, I would have sent over a load of gear with Greg if he was still in town. Hope things go better from here on out.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafu1
Back