State with the most bang for your buck..

Very, very impressive for sure. Congrats on a great season, Greenie. Very cool pics and some absolute monsters.

After hunting MT this year for the first time, I'd agree the best bang for your buck is MT -- and it's $200 cheaper to hunt elk/deer in MT than CO. :D

Congratulations, AGAIN !
In the first photo, if that bear is in Montana, what state are you in ?

Thanks for finally posting your picts. I was hoping that you were going to show some pictures. I hate only hearing about your success and not seeing pictures. I guess I need to get on your friend list;) Take a number I know:D Awesome animals as always. Maybe just maybe I might get some animals of that caliber.

Like Finn said you just gave a whole lot of non res hunters some incentive. I'm not going to feel bad about filming a couple of hunts in Montana next time.;) You truely might be "Worse than wolves"

I can't think of too many places to live were you can drive 20-30 minutes and within a couple miles have opportunities to harvest each one of the species you've showed us.

Congrats again on a steller season. Wanna sell me your crew cab?:D

Congrats!!! It's obvious that hard work, being in shape, and hunting where the big critters can pay off! That is a seriously good year.

PS- I'm liking Mean Green's facelift.

That is extremely impressive!
What did you do...stay in the woods for a month only to leave to go to Wal-Mart to buy more bullets...geez?
I do believe that you need to change your name to something else. I believe you have graduated! Greenhorn sounds more like myself. :confused:

Congratulations on an awesome year!

Dude, you had an awesome year. Anyone ever tell you that you are a pretty good hunter??? :)

Last edited:
Apparently I need to attend some AA like sessions for obsessed hunting. I was told this today on the way to work, and would agree there's probably something to it. A couple weeks back, I was completely frazzled about the possibility of eating my MT deer tag, first time since 82, and my elk tag, first time since 93. That ain't normal and it shouldn't really matter.

The backpack in question is the Mystery Ranch NICE frame with the new Longbow bag. I picked one up this summer to try out and didn't put another bag on since. Granted, I didn't do any big 3+ day backpack trips, but even for all my meat packing, I used that 2200 cubic inch bag. I love that crewcab bag, but I think the longbow is more suited to the hunting I usually do. It's really a great set-up and comfortable to hunt with, and rock solid for packing out a heavy blob of meat, not to mention big weird awkward loads like this pronghorn arrowed by a friend of mine in September.

kevinlope5.jpg

That rifle asked about is a 300 RUM. I had a guy in Billings put it together for me, Randy Melvin, Bull Mtn Rifle Company. I can't say enough good things about Randy's work, attention to detail and customer service. There's a long wait to have him put one together, but it's well worth it.

You had a great year Greenhorn, congrats. Damn fine batch of animals.

Greenhorn, congrats on an awesome year !! Know you had to put in a lot of time to find those quality of animals. Your bear in the snow kind of looks like a griz, a little dishy in the face. That an great bear, especially for MT. And congrats on a smoker pronghorn. Nice buck and bull too. Think you need to pick up the feather stick and start giving those animals a chance...

Here I thought this was a quiz and figured the answer had to be Nevada after all the cards they handed me while walking the strip one evening. ;)

Looks like another monster of a season for the Greenhorn. Congrats to you sir!

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back