Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

State of Reloading Market

The local sporting goods in Clare Michigan has bout everything except brass.I looked for 270WSM brass for about 3 months then finally bought factory loaded ammo and pulled the bullet so I could have the brass.All set for years now.Got enough IMR4350,Nosler Partitions and primers to last for several years for me,.

Deer shooter, I will keep and eye open for brass. Watch shooters pro shop they are due to have some 7 mag brass. I use the Nosler blemm and like it so far. I just sold a bag of Winchester 50 pcs yesterday.

RL 19 or 22 has been non-existent here in the Bozone, far as I know.
I looked on the Cabelas site some time back, but same thing....
At least Triple-X's are available, and Ackley Improved and Dakota's still shoot those, and we're not out. Still could use some powder...

Here we are in July already, even though it's hot as hell out...time to get to reloading and shooting.

Still unable to really find any 140gn Accubonds or Remington brass for 7mm-08. Seems like powder, and primers are more readily available.

Lapua and Norma brass are plenty available...and that's top of the line brass, but a guy would sure be paying for it. Definitely want to stick with the Rem just for cost.

I'd rather pay a bit more for better brass (ie Lapua) than to go without...

If you really have to have cheap brass and want rem, buy some 308 or 243 and size them to 7mm.

Magnum Rifle powder like H1000 never dried up in Northern Illinois even during the peak of the shortage. Its a shotgun deer state so most guys don't even own a rifle.

I've been able to get H4350 maybe 1/4 trips to Cabelas and my drive home always means a stop at Scheels and Graff Reloading.

.22 has been pretty consistently available at the big stores over most of 2015. Max quantities at Cabelas went from 100 rd/person to 500 recently.

I'd rather pay a bit more for better brass (ie Lapua) than to go without...

If you really have to have cheap brass and want rem, buy some 308 or 243 and size them to 7mm.

I bit more is an understatement. Winchester and Remington brass work fine, just have to be patient till I find some. I have enough used to get me through till then.

If I was competition shooting, the consistency in the wall thickness, and weight would play more of a factor I would probably go with the top of the line, but since it's just hunting loads it doesn't affect it enough to justify dumping that much money.

It is curious though to see a drop in brass like it is...so much so that I looked up how it's made to see why the shortage. I wonder who is hoarding it.

I have #3 of Varget...unopened that I would be willing to part with for a fair price. I was going to work up some new loads...but don't have time now this year, if someone else can use it I'd rather see that happen. Treasure Valley only...or be willing to meet in person close to Nampa, as this can't be shipped.

Here in OH, powder isn't all that hard to find. May have to drive a few to get it, but I've picked up RL-15, 17, and 19, and Varget w/o issue. Found 3#'s of LVR as well. Primers are a bit iffier, but I still found a solid supply after a little looking. Nosler 7mm bullets are SUB-ZERO. If it were not for some really great Hunt Talkers, I'd not have any. THANKS !!

So, some of ya'll came to my rescue.... if I can help anyone let me know.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back