Caribou Gear

Squatters otherwise known as shitbags rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can’t break into a house. That is called breaking and entering, burglary, criminal trespass, or however your state names it. There are stipulations to adverse possession.
If they got on the property without permission (trespassing) then broke into the house to live in it (breaking and entering) it seems a bit of a stretch that it becomes legal, no?

Again, I'm not arguing that the law exists...I don't think the law should exist.

In 2000, when the Zimbabweans decided to take over the white farms and murder the owners right after they stapled their eyelids open so they had to watch their daughters get raped, the government supported this. In fact, one Zimbabweans friend's place was taken by a government official. It was legal, though, so let's not question it.

so we have this guy that helps us out in the shop sometimes who’s 100 percent a real life trailer park boys character that 100% knows and abuses these laws.
He also knows and abuses the one where they can’t shut your power off from like December 1st to may 1st because you could technically freeze to death.
One time I needed help changing main bearings in a big rig motor and I went to pick him up from the broke down motor home in the driveway of his in-laws house where him, his wife and son were living and when I walked in they were all laying down zipped up in mummy bags and he had a lit cigarette in his mouth with his arms zipped inside the bag and I almost died. 😆

but stealing the whole house is ok?
Reading comprehension is important. The story originating this thread was about an area part of a tract of land which was used as an animal pen for decades. There was nothing written about someone squatting in a house and claiming it.

But you may be right ... let's just get rid of the terrible gubment of these here United States of America and go to anarchy. No giveaways ... just takeaways!

Reading comprehension is important. The story originating this thread was about an area part of a tract of land which was used as an animal pen for decades. There was nothing written about someone squatting in a house and claiming it.

But you may be right ... let's just get rid of the terrible gubment of these here United States of America and go to anarchy. No giveaways ... just takeaways!
He owned it. It was stolen. He no longer owns it. The person who stole it legally owns it. I think this is wrong. Why does it matter what the building was for? The same law would apply if it was a house. You don't think squatter's "rights" have ever applied to a house?

I don't know what this has to do with anarchy. The government should exist to protect people's property rights, not create laws making it legal to steal property.

And I'm not sure if you're trying to paint me as an uneducated idiot, but that's fine. I didn't start with the personal attacks.

My bad. I thought that was a personal derogatory remark concerning the duly elect President of the United States.
Haha. You're mad I said something derogatory about Biden? This is funny.

I'm sorry. Biden is a competent person and genius public speaker who knows how to flawlessly walk up stairs. He is doing a fabulous job running the country and should definitely run for a second term.

Call me whatever you want bud. Presume I'm uneducated, fine by me.

While I can agree with this, WTF doesn’t check on their land for 10 years?
I agree it is insane that he hadn't checked on it in a decade, but at what point is it reasonable for his land to be taken?

This is my problem with this.

Why should someone be obligated to check in on their property? If you own it, it should be yours.

I get you agree the law is silly. Looking at the posts, I don't think anyone on the thread thinks the law doesn't exist.

It’s only 5 in Montana.
I don’t know how that applies in Montana. My sister owned the property that was adjacent to the neighbor, who built a barn on her property. After a few years, they didn’t get along and she took him to court about the barn on her property and he had to remove it.

No lease or promise of ownership of the land was ever agreed to, he claimed my mother had told him he would get that land someday and that is why he built the barn on it.

It was past 5 years and he was ordered to remove the barn, which he tore down…

I don’t know how that applies in Montana. My sister owned the property that was adjacent to the neighbor, who built a barn on her property. After a few years, they didn’t get along and she took him to court about the barn on her property and he had to remove it.

No lease or promise of ownership of the land was ever agreed to, he claimed my mother had told him he would get that land someday and that is why he built the barn on it.

It was past 5 years and he was ordered to remove the barn, which he tore down…
Montana also requires adverse possessor to have paid the taxes on the adverse portion for the five years.

Haha. You're mad I said something derogatory about Biden? This is funny.

I'm sorry. Biden is a competent person and genius public speaker who knows how to flawlessly walk up stairs. He is doing a fabulous job running the country and should definitely run for a second term.

Call me whatever you want bud. Presume I'm uneducated, fine by me.
I am ignorant too.

Well shit, I guess I should’ve read the article 🤷‍♂️
Thought the title of the thread was pretty self explanatory.
Don’t I look like a horses ass again.
1678631696023.gif

Can you guys believe the Biden administration missed that hot air balloon with a $400,000 missile.
There’s where the student loan forgiveness money went.
Completely insane that they can just waste that much money.
Completely incompetent.

We have a minor situation like this going on right now. Neighbor dude keeps expanding his collection of junk and it appears some is probably spilling over onto the edge of some of our ground. Guess I'm going to have to pay the surveyor to mark the boundary and possibly put a fence on the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back