Caribou Gear

spring turkey fever

skimerhorn

Everybody else ready for spring turkey? I got all my deer and duck stuff put away and knocked the dust off my turkey vest. Went out to a hunting show yesterday and picked up a couple new calls to add, and a thermacell. Heading out in the next couple weeks to start scouting some. Was thinking off trying the new Winchester longbeard turkey shot, has anyone tried this yet?

Attachments

• IMAG0134.jpg
    IMAG0134.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 542
I just cashed in some cabelas points for a DSD feeding hen decoy. I can't wait!

When does you guys season start? Ours starts April 6.

I got a new bow right after deer season so I'm Iooking forward to trying it out on some big Toms!!

Va season starts April 12. I have been thinking about getting one of those dirty bird decoys that looks like a hurt gobbler.

Allways got Turkey fever. Waiting for N. Dakota results to come out. Should get a tag. Have fun in OKLA. Went there about 6-7 years ago and was the most turkeys I ever saw. Flocks of 30 in April. Called in a Bobcat while calling. Did that in AZ. also right by a roost tree. I guess We aren't the only ones that like Turkeys......BOB!

I don't plan on seeing many turkeys left in the northern half of WI this spring. This has to be one of those years with large die offs. Sucks, but it's a good thing they breed like flies

I know I am excited. 2 of my kids are wanting to go this year for the first time. Youth season here opens April 5th-13th. That's my focus until then is getting some turkeys scouted so hopefully we get into some action. Hopefully the turkeys will cooperate and I can get both of them a turkey, then it will be my time to worry about getting a turkey or two.

I'm excited, but having tentatively agreed to be the assistant coach to a bunch of 6-7yo baseballers might put a kink in my plans. I didn't turkey hunt much at all as a kid because of baseball, I guess turn about is fair play...

Twitching in Boise. Waterfowl stuff in storage. Doing a seminar this weekend at our Sports Show. NWTF banquet season upon us.
Randy did film a turkey hunt 3 or 4 years ago. Maybe it's time for another?
WD

I'm ready! Driving the guys at work nuts with a couple new mouth calls. Season opens here April 23rd then off to Kansas the following week ( depending on the weather and info from my Kansas friends!!) lol

Mine doesn't come in until May 1st.....On my bucket list is the slam....have a pile of Easterns but that's it......:cool:
Ours at the end of April. I'm not really an avid turkey hunter, though I enjoy going. The weird part, is that I've done it in enough different places I'm just an Osceola (or Florida as the NWTF calls them now) away from the slam, unless you include Goulds.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back