spring turkey fever

I'm ready!
spurs001_zpsa714acee.jpg

Wiating, waiting and waiting...Taking my son Jarrod to Ky's Green River area to hunt this year. and then back to Va. Might even try a buit of hunting in Md at the IWLA.

The last two mornings now, there have been Toms a gobblin'. Can't hardly believe it with all the cold temps and deep snow around. West Michigan area.

Federal Mag Shok turkey loads pattern pretty well for me. I cashed in some Bass Pro Shop points today for a set of new decoys. Can't wait for May!!

Ours doesn't come in until April 21 here in Ohio. I've only gotten one tag the last few years but I'm seeing a lot more sign this year while out shed hunting so I will probably try for two this year.

Federal Mag Shok turkey loads pattern pretty well for me. I cashed in some Bass Pro Shop points today for a set of new decoys. Can't wait for May!!

That's what I use in my Mossberg 500 but every couple of years I try a different load just to see. I've tried the nitros, hevi-shot, and two different Winchesters so far the Federals pattern the best.

Don't forget the Permithrin for ticks! My wife contracted Lymes several years ago and it is no laughing matter. Prevention is much easier than the cure.

Finally got around to patterning the Winchester Longbeard XR, 3", #5. Mossberg 500A with Rhino .660 i think. I tried at 40, 50, and 60 yards just to test their claims.
WinXR40_zps56739f5b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
WinXR50_zps92d4f5b2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I'm going with heavy shot this season. Magnum Blend 4,5&6 Little more $ but thought I'd give it a shot in the 12 gauge.
But opening day I want to use the 1830 percussion 20 gauge , I roll my shot in sleeves and crimp the ends. I'll do some patterning Friday before I hunt Saturday.

Spotted this nice little group this morning right across from my driveway......come on 21st. Sorry picture quality is not up to par, cell phone from vehicle.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 286
Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back