Yeti GOBOX Collection

Spotting scope anybody?? For sale

schmalts

picture.php

Yea, so I have this collection of spotting scopes.. Some have to go. You will find out why I have so many sooner or later but anyway, if anyone is looking for a spotting scope in the 80-65-60MM range give me a PM. Some have no brand name, some do. All are ED glass and excellent for what I will sell them for. Very light use, just tested out. PM's only

Last edited:
What in the world would lead to such a collection? You have an immigrant sweat shop in your basement?

I have a real hot 21 year old gymnast living next door. She bought curtains, so I have no use for them now ;).

lmao hopefully you had the digiscoping figured out before she bought them. We expect pics to be posted.

Daaaang, did you forget your spotter on 7 out of state hunts?...or do you have a tripod fetish?;)

funny thing is I have 4 more that are not in the picture. That Gymnast was hot..
The ones I am selling all are ED glass capable of resolving a .22 bullet hole in the BLACK @200 yards on an overcast day. The 80MM does it easy at that. All have dual rapid/coarse focus and a carry case (not the stay-on style).

A man with that many spotting scopes has to have an opinion about a quality tripod that is not to heavy to pack?

Quality and "light" when it comes to tripods is a tough thing to come up with. The best thing a guy can do is stay as low as possible, wind buzz will make any tripod useless, but the heavier the better.
My little packing tripod is a little Slik Mini 2 http://www.slik.com/e/p10.jpg. It is light enough to pack, and the legs can be opened up wide. You would have to sit with it though, it is not tall enough to stand up with, but when back packing you have to leave some comforts home (unless your Greenhorn, he packs a huge tripod and a case of beer). Price is pretty cheap too.
That is what I use, but others may have spent more money and found some good ones too.

Here are a cpl pics taken thru my Schmalts spotter on a Utah scouting trip a cpl weeks ago. The camera is a little Sony, held by hand up to the spotter lens.

(shameless plug: http://theronoptics.com )

Attachments

• Boots1.jpg
    Boots1.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 335
  • Boots2.jpg
    Boots2.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 345
  • DSC02885 (Large).jpg
    DSC02885 (Large).jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 328
WapitiBob, Are those taken through the 80mm or the 60mm? I got the 60mm last week from Schmalts and love it so far. I haven't tried taking pictures through it yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MachineSub GN 4576225912G
Back