Caribou Gear

Spotter Tripod Suggestions

Jezz

I need a new tripod for my spotter. Schmalts recommended the Slick Mini II, but they are back ordered for quite awhile due to their plant getting flooded. So...I need something that is light, compact and packable. Does anyone have any suggestions that would comparable to something like the Slick Mini?

TIA

What type of spotter do you have? I have a vortex High Country w/ballhead that is great for a compact spotter, but my Vortex Skyline 20-60x80mm was a little to hard to control with the ballhead and I ended up getting a fluid head Vanguard Alta. I would definitely recommend getting a fluid head if you are going to mount a bigger/heavier scope on it.

Once I am able to find a deal on a Nikon ED50 it is going to go right on my Vortex High Country.

although not cheap, the Outdoorsmans tripod is outstanding. It is light wieght, they come in a couple different sizes and they hold up pretty good in the wind. Their pistol grip head is very fluid and easy to use.

CABugle

although not cheap, the Outdoorsmans tripod is outstanding. It is light wieght, they come in a couple different sizes and they hold up pretty good in the wind. Their pistol grip head is very fluid and easy to use.

CABugle

:eek::eek: Wholly *&^$%!!! tripod is more $$ than my spotter! :W:

I have a vortex High Country w/ballhead that is great for a compact spotter...

I have the same tripod. It works well with my 65mm scope. I've been using it for about 5 years now and zero complaints.

There was 6 rams in this crag, one was right at full curl on one side and a bit short on the other. Might have been able to make him legal by age, but but he got a free pass. We saw these rams from our camp about 3-3.5 miles away the evening before.

Attachments

• P1010768.JPG
    P1010768.JPG
    309.8 KB · Views: 272
I have the same tripod. It works well with my 65mm scope. I've been using it for about 5 years now and zero complaints.

That is a little more my speed price wise and has good reviews. Looks like we have a winner! thanks guys for the suggestions. Saved me a lot of time researching, because there is a ton of b-ball to watch. :p

although not cheap, the outdoorsmans tripod is outstanding. It is light wieght, they come in a couple different sizes and they hold up pretty good in the wind. Their pistol grip head is very fluid and easy to use.

Cabugle

sfw;):d:d:d

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KJ1225
Back