Hunting around Bozeman

Seen a big bear the other day.
too bad I don’t care to shoot one and don’t have any friends that wanna go. If it’s all a big joke then forget about it. I’ll be outdoors regardless.

Attachments

• IMG_0014.jpeg
    IMG_0014.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 70
Last edited:
I hunt mostly with my son in law when not solo. I think I went three or four times with my son in law last year when I did not bring a weapon. It is as much fun, if not more fun, being on a hunt with someone and just watching.

I'm fairly new to the hunting game here in Montana but I enjoy every aspect of it. Seeing an animal is a bonus. Keeping up with my son in law is the challenge 😁

I'm not far from you. I'm in Livingston. Bozeman terrifies me. Flasbacks of what I escaped (not California). Do people from Bozeman still hunt? Haha

All joking aside, enjoy the solitude and hunt solo. I do it often. Lots of people in that town. You will eventually find someone that is a good fit. Would your existing buds at least help you carry out a kill of you called them?

Man if I was closer I'd hunt with you. Always fun to get together with like minded folks and hit the hills.

I hunt mostly with my son in law when not solo. I think I went three or four times with my son in law last year when I did not bring a weapon. It is as much fun, if not more fun, being on a hunt with someone and just watching.

I'm fairly new to the hunting game here in Montana but I enjoy every aspect of it. Seeing an animal is a bonus. Keeping up with my son in law is the challenge 😁

I'm not far from you. I'm in Livingston. Bozeman terrifies me. Flasbacks of what I escaped (not California). Do people from Bozeman still hunt? Haha

All joking aside, enjoy the solitude and hunt solo. I do it often. Lots of people in that town. You will eventually find someone that is a good fit. Would your existing buds at least help you carry out a kill of you called them?
One, about guaranteed. The other, almost certainly not.

Built 13 houses in Livingston. And my wife’s maiden name is Meigs. I know Livingston okay.

I'd love to help FoodisMemories solve his dilemma. But 1500 miles and only eight vacation days per year would make it pretty one sided.😥

I wouldn’t take it personally if no one is jumping on the offer to join you on a hunt. I can think of about 100 reasons why I don‘t want to go on a hunt with someone I don’t know, and only one half of a reason I would. Spots or areas get burned with too many friends of friends coming back on their own, people not meeting up on time, partner doesn’t want to match the same effort level I do, etc etc. It‘s difficult finding people to hunt with at least for me, I’d rather go it alone most of the time. Just my 2 cents

I wouldn’t take it personally if no one is jumping on the offer to join you on a hunt. I can think of about 100 reasons why I don‘t want to go on a hunt with someone I don’t know, and only one half of a reason I would. Spots or areas get burned with too many friends of friends coming back on their own, people not meeting up on time, partner doesn’t want to match the same effort level I do, etc etc. It‘s difficult finding people to hunt with at least for me, I’d rather go it alone most of the time. Just my 2 cents
Yeah I agree.

I’ve been going at it alone awhile, and will continue to. Just gets old. Thanks Art.

Totally get your dilemma. I'm 50:50 on luck in that department. Been ghosted a couple times, not sure why. Might be cause my jokes aren't as funny as I thought. I have learned that political jokes get taken to seriously in most circles. But also made some really good friends who are dumb like me and keep getting the wives pregnant. Time is just spread out so thin these days. Hang in there, you will find your huckleberry.

What is this huntersonly.com?

FIM, I know your pain...I usually "interview" potential new hunting partners at a 3D shoot or Archery league. The way they act when they make a bad shot, or aren't shooting well gives me a look into their true personality.

This is a convo to have in the spring and summer...go scouting, shed hiking or Spring bear hunting with potential partners.

But I've found being comfortable by myself in the outdoors, only makes the group hunts better. Every Relationship Meme holds true for hunting partners as well. I've found having a killer camp setup, and a way to pack out meat (packhorses) is a great way to keep getting invited. Also calling skills and honeyholes help. Why do you think Beau Baty is @Big Fin's new best friend ? ;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back