Sportsmans warehouse coming to town

stu_manji

should we be excited? I've never been in one, but have heard positive things about the stores?

Ours here in Bozeman, MT is great. Sometimes a bit high priced, but not if I have to count travel to another town or shipping. The staff has been really good for the most part...very knowledgeable and helpful!

this is awesome news. our nearest cabelas is dismal at best. the gander outdoors is quite simply lacking in relevant product choices. I hope they can last here. could be a problem that I drive by it every day though...

I'm a big fan of Sportsman's too. Great store and their prices almost always beat out Cabelas or anyone else.

Yup. The Bozeman store has great associates and they are very responsive to customer questions and suggestions.

should we be excited? I've never been in one, but have heard positive things about the stores?

Smaller than a Cabelas/Bass but also less busy and a little more of a "practical" (not sure if that's an appropriate description) place to just run into for most of your basic outdoor gear. As stated they match or beat prices and at least in my area seem to have good customer service. I honestly try not to find myself in Cabelas/Bass anymore. Given online and other smaller shops like Sportsman's I can almost 95% of the time beat the pricing at Cabelas/Bass.

They are definitely the best big box store, Cabelas and Basspro are just terrible. I understand why a small hunting shop might have a limited selection especially for things like reloading supplies but I'm always flabbergasted by the utter crap selection of basspro and cabelas in Denver. There don't carry much you can't find at Walmart.

Seems like I'm always stopping there. The gun counter guys, if they're not busy, will BS for hours about whatever they can. Sometimes they have some pretty good deals.

Plus when you bring your dog just about every employee has treats. As a side note, my buddy's golden didn't like the Sitka gear manikin...something about a headless figure in camo made him uneasy (albeit hilarious bullying did occur)

this is awesome news. our nearest cabelas is dismal at best. the gander outdoors is quite simply lacking in relevant product choices. I hope they can last here. could be a problem that I drive by it every day though...

I echo this. I only wish I had another option near me. I don't even set foot inside gander anymore.

I like sportsmans the best out of cabelas and basspro. The nearest one to me is in Lexington KY but I'm usually down there a couple times a year.

You can sometimes find cheaper prices and exclusive sales on their website and have the item shipped to your local store.

I don't know... They support 2A? They support hunting? Yes... I shop Sportsman Warehouse when I have the chance. Great store, Great employees. Pretty good pricing and selection. Glad Wholesale Sports ran back to Canada.

Theyll match pricing. One in Missoula is my go to. I dont even bother with Cabelas anymore.

Do you happen to know if they only match an advertised price, or will they call to check "regular prices"? I ask because (and I should have clarified this in my earlier post) I've found our local Sportsman's Warehouse to be a bit higher ($4-5 per pound) on reloading powders over the Scheel's in Billings. If I only need a pound, that is certainly not going impact my buying, but when I need several at once, it can. I'll just wait till I am going to Billings and stock up. Same on bullets. What costs me $40/100 in Bozeman can be found at $35/100 in Billings. Of course, EVERYTHING in Bozeman is more expensive than other areas!

I will say, I am happy to pay a bit extra for the great customer service, and readily available information that the staff provides. The guy who works the optics counter/knife counter here in Bozeman will spend an hour talking to my son, who is obsessed with knives. He's been great about giving him information to help him choose his "next knife"...and for my son there is always a "next knife". He'll talk, if he doesn't need to go help another customer, for as long as my son wants to talk...and give advice, even when he knows we're probably not buying anything right then.

Overall, if they hire good staff/management, Sportsman's Warehouse is outpacing most any of the other large sporting goods stores. You'll be happy to have them in the neighborhood!

I would imagine thats based on the store, but ive had them call bob wards to check ornjust take my word.

Back