Sportsmans warehouse coming to town

Do you happen to know if they only match an advertised price, or will they call to check "regular prices"? I ask because (and I should have clarified this in my earlier post) I've found our local Sportsman's Warehouse to be a bit higher ($4-5 per pound) on reloading powders over the Scheel's in Billings. If I only need a pound, that is certainly not going impact my buying, but when I need several at once, it can. I'll just wait till I am going to Billings and stock up. Same on bullets. What costs me $40/100 in Bozeman can be found at $35/100 in Billings. Of course, EVERYTHING in Bozeman is more expensive than other areas!

I will say, I am happy to pay a bit extra for the great customer service, and readily available information that the staff provides. The guy who works the optics counter/knife counter here in Bozeman will spend an hour talking to my son, who is obsessed with knives. He's been great about giving him information to help him choose his "next knife"...and for my son there is always a "next knife". He'll talk, if he doesn't need to go help another customer, for as long as my son wants to talk...and give advice, even when he knows we're probably not buying anything right then.

Overall, if they hire good staff/management, Sportsman's Warehouse is outpacing most any of the other large sporting goods stores. You'll be happy to have them in the neighborhood!

Depends on the store/manager but one thing that works is to offer to meet them half way. Sometimes they will do this if Amazon has it cheaper too.

My first port of call in Bozeman after arriving from the UK on my visits, The Sportsman Warehouse, a great place, wish we had one in the UK.
Cheers
Richard

Sportmen's warehouse is like the no frills cabela's. Good selections, knowledgible staff, and awesome customer service. My closest Bass Pro is almost 2 hours away in Colorado Springs, Cabela's is almost 3 hours in Denver, but they recently opened one in Pueblo and I usually go there. My Bass Pro and Cabela's shopping is most online anymore. I can just about always find what I need or want at Sportsmen's. I would be excited if I were you.

Sportmen's warehouse is like the no frills cabela's. Good selections, knowledgible staff, and awesome customer service. My closest Bass Pro is almost 2 hours away in Colorado Springs, Cabela's is almost 3 hours in Denver, but they recently opened one in Pueblo and I usually go there. My Bass Pro and Cabela's shopping is most online anymore. I can just about always find what I need or want at Sportsmen's. I would be excited if I were you.

well cool Cush, that's great news. guess i'll just go ahead and be excited then lol

Depends on what you want. They definitely do not venture far from current fashion trends in equipment and accouterments. Also, they have zero used firearms. I also have not seen much in the way of higher-end equipment such as you might find at an REI shop, for instance. So, it depends on what you want and need.

For shooting and reloading stuff it's about the only brick and mortar I've shopped at in about a decade, and the option to do so is nice. Everything else is easier to get online or a more specialized venue, but when I need a random lb of powder or want to try a new bullet I go to Sportsman's if I will be in the neighborhood. Customer service has been above average at the stores I've visited, which is maybe a half dozen. I hope they do well.

I have to say their optics departments are generally lacking IMO, but you can't have it all :)

Fort Wayne

Darn, I was hoping SW was coming back to Billings, MT. There was one there a number of years ago, but it closed due to a dispute with the person(s) that owned the building they were in (that is what I was told by a former employee).

I believe it was after the Billings store closed that SW went through bankruptcy, sold some stores, then got back on their feet and bought some stores back.

Maybe some day...............

ClearCreek

I loved going to the Sportsman’s Warehouse we used to have here in Northeast Wisconsin, I would love to have it back in exchange for the big Cabelas they put up right by Lambeau.

The only bad thing I can say about them is that their "Loyalty Rewards" program SUCKS. I'm not too sure of their online sales either. I found that my online registration had been hacked and some asshole tried to buy a $400 dollar knife on my account.

Cabellas/Bass Pro has basically turned into a giant gift shop. I take my 2-year-old there to look at the aquarium and mounts, but that's about it. Sportsman's Warehouse has become my new go-to store for the few hunting items that I don't buy online. They have a decent selection, and they cater to actual hunters, not people who just buy a lot of stuff that might or might not be field practical. No complaints about customer service. Got a lot of helpful info on optics, although they do not carry a lot of the higher end optics equipment. One drawback is I do not like SW's online store - hard to navigate, product information is hard to decipher, and prices are less than competitive.

Great store. Like others have said, it is like Cabelas without all the glam'. Prices are competitive, all in all a must see. We had a few near my neck of the woods, but with Cabelas and Bass pro going on not far down the road they have decreased the amount of stores in my area. It is good to see they are still around.

Sportsmans Warehouse is great !
You know you visit way to much when you redeam your points and the Counter girls tell you they have never heard of anybody that had 5000 plus points!! Lol

Back