Spoils of summer

BR-549

Anyone else like fried green tomatoes? One of my favorite summer treats. I pan fried some over charcoal and deep fried the rest. Prefer the pan fried variety. :hump:

Attachments

• Green Tomatoes.jpg
    Green Tomatoes.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 251
  • Green Tomatoes (2).jpg
    Green Tomatoes (2).jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 251
  • Green Tomatoes (3).jpg
    Green Tomatoes (3).jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 248
Yep. I don't like ripe tomatoes unless they are in salsa or used in a recipe. But I love fried green maters!!!

Looks like you got the perfect scald on that crust...tasty looking eats right there.

Both take a back seat to fried walleyes...but I could probably force myself to eat a dozen or so of those green maters!

My wife and I were eating dinner out the other night and a friend offered us some green tomatoes. My father in law was a hillbilly from Tennessee and loved fried green tomatoes. My wife grow up on them. I expect to eat some soon.

By hillbilly from Tennessee I meant that the man knew how and loved to do anything. A truly remarkable man. WWII pilot in France and retired fire chief from Detroit. Miss that man, could not have had a better father in law.

I've always wanted to try fried green tomatoes but never had the opportunity. Those look pretty good.

A bit of a summer staple here in the South, as is fried yellow squash and for some they even fry cucumber slices Extended dry weather has shut down my tomatoes weeks ago, so I'd be pleased to have any type of tomato, favorite being a half inch thick slice of a big Cherokee Purple between two slices of white bread slathered on both slices with a generous coating of Duke's mayonnaise and then salted and peppered.

Garden fresh tomatoes ripe or green....ummm yum! As far as green tomatoes, try a "Green Tomato pie" recipe, damn good!

Garden fresh tomatoes ripe or green....ummm yum! As far as green tomatoes, try a "Green Tomato pie" recipe, damn good!

Can't believe I've never had one. I will for certain tho.

I agree with buzz that a pan full of walleye trumps them all..... only while scoring an antelope rack in the garage though ......lol

I too like the squashes fried but didn't plant any this year so it's store bought for that episode

Don't tell anyone but I ate that whole damn plate by myself last night. Really is not conducive to my diet in prep for my elk hunt but I'll just exercise an additional day this week.
bad thing is that I put out 15 plants and they are loaded......:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back