Son's Wyo Deer

wyomuley

I was lucky enough to get my son on a great Mule Deer it was a super fun hunt. We made it to where we were hunting and started scouting opening morning. We spotted a nice deer and decided to stalk it as we were sneaking on it we found this buck bedded on a ridge top. We spooked the first deer and decided that we needed to go and stalk this buck. We got on the ridge above the buck and started to sneak and try and locate it I found it bedded in front of a tree could only see its antler through the tree. It was hot and there was no shade so I told him that I was going to sneak down the hill and throw a rock and he should get a shot. I through the rock and the deer stood bounced broadside at 35 yards and he made a great shot. The deer rough scored 179 and change he is only 13 it's going to be tough to beat this one it was a proud moment for dad.

Where we found it bedded
CIMG2210.jpg

CIMG2219.jpg

CIMG2217.jpg

CIMG2221.jpg

Great story, Wyo. A great buck. Very happy for you and your son. Nice that the plan worked out as anticipated. Give your some a big congrats from the Hunt Talk crowd.

Awesome looking deer, I wish I'd have gotten one like that at 13 ..................................... wait, I wish I had one like that period.:eek: Congrats to both of you on the deer and the time together!

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallguy
Back