Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Son’s first elk

ashersdad

My wife drew a really good Oregon elk tag this year and decided to “mentor” our 12 year old since he had never shot an elk. I had a WY Gen tag that opened on the 15th and then their hunt opened the 24th.

When this WY bull gave me a 40 yard shot opening morning, I decided to take it and head back to Oregon to continue scouting my wife’s unit.

The Oregon hunt ended up being a lot harder than I expected with the bulls being down in deep holes. My wife and son were troopers and hunted hard everyday and finally on the 8th day, it all came together and my son made a great one shot kill on this nice bull.

That is super of his parents to help make that happen. Good on both of you for the assists.

Pretty soon he is gonna spout right up and make you buy new hunting clothes, and boots, and try to eat your refrigerator empty.

Great job young man! Excellent assist from Mom and Dad as well!

Is the Oregon bull a Roosevelt or Rocky Mtn?

So freaking cool and makes me jealous.

My kids get to hunt a ton of whitetails but stuff like this just seems like a ginormous task. Also with sports and school it is dam tough to find the time.

Excellent family outing! Good on mom and dad for making the experience happen.
Good on the young hunter for holding out to shoot a bull just a bit bigger than dad ��

That’s excellent. Both great bulls. Congrats. Enjoy your trophies and some good eating. Preston

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back