Yeti GOBOX Collection

Sometimes you just gotta have "a guy".......

SFC B

Some of you may know that I have been considering an AR for a while. I have had an affinity for Sig products for a long time (when I was an LEO my service weapon was a P226 and I am still convinced it is the best firearm I have ever shot) and the Tread M400 has been calling to me. I "need" it to be dual purpose......yotes/p-dawgs and 'MERICA!!! Sig only ships them with mags which exceed what the People's Republic Denver/Boulder has deemed acceptable......so the conundrum ensued. What to do, what to do? Talk of these gubment checks finally kicked me in the ass.....and I remembered that Household 6 has a friend whose father has a freedom...er um....GUN store in Tejas!! The plan is hatched, we traded some toilet paper for preferential treatment (actually she is recovering from the big C so we had just happened to have done some shopping for her ;) ). Presto!!!!! SFC get his Tread, rings and a Sig Whiskey3 2x7x33 for $100 less than retail of just the rifle!! Now I only have to wait +-2 DAYS for the background check to clear....SMH At least I got to hold her.....Ladies and Gentlemen, may I introduce Suzy........

Attachments

• 20200408_134204.jpg
    20200408_134204.jpg
    701.2 KB · Views: 106
My p226 is my favorite pistol too!

Nice gun and let us know how it shoots. I've been looking long and hard at Daniel Defense with Sigs as a option too.

My p226 is my favorite pistol too!

Nice gun and let us know how it shoots. I've been looking long and hard at Daniel Defense with Sigs as a option too.
I am going to end up zeroing it with hunt ammo and then having other ammo for "plinking" ;)

I like the Tread. My wife wanted an AR after shooting my cheap boring one, and went out and bought the Tread for herself. She wanted iron sights first before we drop a bit more money on optics and it ended up being a pain in the but. I tried going the cheaper route first with a small section of Magpul rail up front to mount the front site. But it was much taller than the the rail part of the receiver and I ran out of adjustments on the sights. Ended up buying the $27 3” rail that Sig sells to be level with their receiver. Friggin’ Sig.... still like the rifle though!

Well, Suzy is free and safe at home. All cleaned, function checked and put to bed. BG checks are getting shorter according to the gun shop. That is the good. The bad? I was gonna have them mount and bore site the Whiskey3 that came with it (also came with Burris rings).......until they opened the box and NO scope. I am betting the scope was on display and whoever was tasked with shipping the lot forgot it. The scope box is very heavy so I can see why it could have been missed. Sure hope this is an easy fix..... :/

Got a hold of them this morning, sent a pic of the box with serial number and heard back in about 20 minutes that they were putting in the mail today.....I MAY have been right :)

Well, don't know what actually happened but a new, unopened Whiskey3 showed up and has been mounted. Suzy is complete (for now ;) ). Picked up about 100 rounds and am now waiting for a chance to put some downrange. Eye relief is pretty good. Looking forward to the pewpew!!

Attachments

• 20200414_144304.jpg
    20200414_144304.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 18
I don't know why I just assumed that ranges were all closed??? I just checked by chance and Cheyenne Mountain shooting complex is OPEN!!! Within the next couple of days Suzy will get a little bit of work!! I have 120 rounds of 55gr ball (what I could get right away) to start with. Once that is gone I will be switch to 62gr. Also, since Suzy has a SS barrel I called Sig to make sure there were no specific recommended break in procedures.......Sig says NOPE, just go shoot!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back