Solo hunt “talk”

Which best describes you when hunting alone?

• Total voters

Pucky Freak

I mostly hunt solo and I talk to myself quite a lot, sometimes out loud. I always use “we/us” instead of singular pronouns because there is me talking and also me listening. Ex. “A storm is rolling in; let’s find some shelter.” Does anyone else do this?
1A4EFFAB-4A53-4C90-9A48-1D6257B89D72.jpeg

I often talk to myself to gauge hypothermia. Always second person singular pronoun. Which makes sense: I'm talking TO me. "You're in trouble now." "You did it (... again)." "Got him!" "How the HELL did you miss that shot? (albeit a very, very rare topic of discussion)."

I often talk to myself to gauge hypothermia. Always second person singular pronoun. Which makes sense: I'm talking TO me. "You're in trouble now." "You did it (... again)." "Got him!" "How the HELL did you miss that shot? (albeit a very, very rare topic of discussion)."
New poll choice added for 2nd person pronouns.

I guess second person singular. I’ve taken to singing the chorus to Trace Atkins’ “Your gonna miss this” on packouts.

My "self talk" usually uses my name. But I may throw a WE in there occasionally.

I reckon it's because I am hunting with the spirits of my family and mentors who have passed on. It is the only reason I can come up with that I have spotted some game, checked out a certain spot, or made it back to the trail on some hunts.

"what the f*&K"
"mother f*&$#r"
"eff"
"ouch"
"gawddamnit"

that, and any combination of those, is quite literally the only audible stuff one would hear if they could be a fly on a tree while i'm solo in the woods. the dialogue occurs in my head.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rgreen
Back