Solo hunt “talk”

Which best describes you when hunting alone?

• Total voters
Anymore, stuff from the movies my kids like to watch are about the only things that get stuck in my head when I'm out by myself. Last year, on a windy day in Wyoming I had the song, "You're Welcome" from Moana stuck in my head so bad that at one point I yelled, "F*#K you, Maui!" into the wind. The whistling intro to the old Disney Robin Hood movie gets me a lot. A LOT.

I get ear worms pretty bad sometimes too. Weird words or names that have no context that I usually can't place or define. They just repeat over and over. It's fun.

If I ever start to think I'm smart, I just have to remind myself what my brain turns into when I'm by myself out in the woods.
Had that Moana song stuck in my head packing my wife’s elk out last year

Dammit @brockel 😱. The gal in that movie is a distant cousin of my wife and you CAN’T imagine how many times we’ve had to see that movie with the granddaughters.... took me weeks not to wake up with that song in my head or thinking about that stupid chicken! .... here we go again😣

I don't usually talk out loud to myself when I'm hunting but when I'm elk hunting and I haven't bugled for awhile and need a little extra motivation I say "I think it's time to let Freedom Ring" and let out a ripping bugle. I don't know if I picked it up on a hunting show or it was just something I started doing but to me its good reminder of how nice it is to be able to elk hunt our public lands in September and gets me going again.

Dammit @brockel 😱. The gal in that movie is a distant cousin of my wife and you CAN’T imagine how many times we’ve had to see that movie with the granddaughters.... took me weeks not to wake up with that song in my head or thinking about that stupid chicken! .... here we go again😣
My youngest watched it every night for probably 3 months straight. Now she’s on zootopia

I totally talk to myself when I solo hunting or fishing. Its only wierd if someone walks up on you. I was fishing a few years ago and talking to myself and a guy walked up on me out of no where. He was holding a homemade bow with 550 cord as string, I figured I was the least odd out of that situation. When I'm upland hunting I also talk to my dogs like their people.

I totally talk to myself when I solo hunting or fishing. Its only wierd if someone walks up on you. I was fishing a few years ago and talking to myself and a guy walked up on me out of no where. He was holding a homemade bow with 550 cord as string, I figured I was the least odd out of that situation. When I'm upland hunting I also talk to my dogs like their people.
I always talk to my dogs like they are people...my last dog I swear was on the verge of speaking at any moment

I always talk to my dogs like they are people...my last dog I swear was on the verge of speaking at any moment
I feel like mine at least listen to what I have say. I don't think they understand it though.

Lots of mumbling/whispering. I usually don’t even notice but there’s always “talk” about what “we” should be doing at any given time. Similar to @morley.tyler I also talk to my pops who has been gone since October 2011 to just talk through a scenario or even give an update to. In writing this I am realizing it’s really only when I am out hunting.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1st BDX Scope
Back