Caribou Gear Tarp

So it happens.....

Just because you get your ass kicked doesn’t mean you get to shoot somebody.
How do you know the guy beating your ass isn't going to head stomp you once you're on the ground? And this isn't Hollywood where a guy gets beat up and is back in action 10 mins later like nothing happened. A hit to the head from someone who knows what they're doing is likely going to be a concussion, a few solid straight punches followed by knees to the face get you multiple surgeries and a lengthy recovery in the hospital.

Per Wyoming statute.

6-2-602. Use of force in self defense; no duty to retreat.
(a) The use of defensive force whether actual or threatened, is reasonable when it is the defensive force that a reasonable person in like circumstances would judge necessary to prevent an injury or loss, and no more, including deadly force if necessary to prevent imminent death or serious bodily injury to the person employing the deadly force or to another person. As used in this subsection, "necessary to prevent" includes a necessity that arises from an honest belief that the danger exists whether the danger is real or apparent.

(b) A person is presumed to have held a reasonable fear of imminent peril of death or serious bodily injury to himself or another when using defensive force, including deadly force if:
(i) The intruder against whom the defensive force was used was in the process of unlawfully and forcefully entering,
or had unlawfully and forcibly entered, another's home or habitation or, if that intruder had removed or was attempting to
remove another against his will from his home or habitation; and
(ii) The person who uses defensive force knew or had reason to believe that an unlawful and forcible entry or unlawful and forcible act was occurring.
(c) The presumption set forth in subsection (b) of this section does not apply if:
(i) The person against whom the defensive force is used has a right to be in or is a lawful resident of the home or habitation, such as an owner, lessee or titleholder, and there is not an injunction for protection from domestic violence or a
written pretrial supervision order of no contact against that person;
(ii) The person sought to be removed is a child or grandchild, or is otherwise in the lawful custody or under the lawful guardianship of, the person against whom the defensive force is used; or
(iii) The person against whom the defensive force is used is a peace officer or employee of the Wyoming department of
corrections who enters or attempts to enter another's home or habitation in the performance of his official duties.
(d) A person who unlawfully and by force enters or attempts to enter another's home or habitation is presumed to be
doing so with the intent to commit an unlawful act involving force or violence.
(e) A person who is attacked in any place where the person is lawfully present shall not have a duty to retreat before using reasonable defensive force pursuant to subsection (a) of this section provided that he is not the initial aggressor and is not engaged in illegal activity.
(f) A person who uses reasonable defensive force as defined by subsection (a) of this section shall not be criminally prosecuted for that use of reasonable defensive force.
(g) As used in this section:
(i) "Habitation" means any structure which is designed or adapted for overnight accommodation, including, but not limited to, buildings, modular units, trailers, campers and tents, but does not include the inmate housing area of a jail, state penal institution or other secure facility under contract with the department of corrections to house inmates;
(ii) "Home" means any occupied residential dwelling place other than the inmate housing area of a jail, state penal
institution or other secure facility under contract with the department of corrections to house inmates;
(iii) "Deadly force" means force that is intended or likely to cause death or serious bodily injury.

How do you know the guy beating your ass isn't going to head stomp you once you're on the ground? And this isn't Hollywood where a guy gets beat up and is back in action 10 mins later like nothing happened. A hit to the head from someone who knows what they're doing is likely going to be a concussion, a few solid straight punches followed by knees to the face get you multiple surgeries and a lengthy recovery in the hospital.
Should I text that guy I got in the argument with while hunting last month this article and be like
“Dude, was this you and your buddies? You might want to lay low for awhile.”

Should I text that guy I got in the argument with while hunting last month this article and be like
“Dude, was this you and your buddies? You might want to lay low for awhile.”
I like the idea of some idiot f(>]%g around and finding out with me as much as anyone, I am always down for some real life sparring. I've just seen too many people get damaged for life or killed by underestimating a situation and how brutal a simple argument can become. Just be careful out there.

I like the idea of some idiot f(>]%g around and finding out with me as much as anyone, I am always down for some real life sparring. I've just seen too many people get damaged for life or killed by underestimating a situation and how brutal a simple argument can become. Just be careful out there.
After spending a couple nights in the closest town to where I was hunting, watching deliverance from beginning to end and reading this thread, I’ve decided I’ll tone it down a bit when it comes to verbal altercations in the backcountry.

After suffering a broken jaw I think the guy that got beat up should get a pass on not video documenting or photographing the other vehicles. I expect that it surely reduces your cognitive abilities in the short term.

Reactions: JDH
Listen, unless your a combat veteran or a Cop I am fairly confident you dont have a tenth of the training required to be proficient in that situation...
I’ll give you combat veteran but I seriously doubt that the majority of cops get enough training to be competent with their weapon in any situation.

^^^ You mean doing real police work? I mentioned using the method of process of elimination on another thread on this forum to catch some criminals and I was mocked and ridiculed....lol

The guy should have shot both of them in self-defense if it truly went down like he is saying it did. They are lucky to be alive. All of them.

I am not the most experienced bar fighter out there, but drunk guys don't fight very well. Tipsy guys can be really good though. I am not trying to split hairs here, but there is a lot in this story that seems odd. The report of their intoxication, the idea to get out of the 4x4 unarmed, the fetal position right away, etc.

I hope to God the kid is OK soon, and the CO trash is caught, facing charges. There is nothing good about this story.

After spending a couple nights in the closest town to where I was hunting, watching deliverance from beginning to end and reading this thread, I’ve decided I’ll tone it down a bit when it comes to verbal altercations in the backcountry.
Walking away is always best. Most assshats who talk crap fold like a cheap card table 3 seconds into a fight anyways, It's not worth the legal ramifications.

I’ll give you combat veteran but I seriously doubt that the majority of cops get enough training to be competent with their weapon in any situation.
I would agree that its likely not enough, I know a few and they usually get additional training on their own time. Not funded by the police station they work for.

But I'm confident that its still more then your average joe.

It's not worth it anywhere at this point. I won't even honk at people anymore as that's a great way to get shot.

People are not happy right now, and it shows. Look at kids sporting events where fights and shooting is becoming normal. Road rage shooting is way up. People will jump over the counter at fast food restaurants to fight employees over cold food and missing dipping sauce.

Crazy times.

But something here still does not add up IMO.

You don’t bring a gun to a fist fight.
Props to the victims for doing the honorable thing.
I cannot figure your logic in the first sentence in relation to this story. Two men are brutally attacked by strangers for something they had nothing to do with.......on a (remote?) road. This wasn't a school yard dust up or beer muscles being flexed in bar. If the facts are as presented this is an act of brutal unprovoked aggression.

Your second sentence: What the hell does this mean? Are you suggesting the victims were "honorable" for not defending themselves?

Back