Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Smoked BBQ Goose Breast

putm2sleep

Sorry - no pics of the food, maybe next time. Here is what I did. Easy and really delicious!

After my son and I doubled on some big dark geese to end the '15 waterfowl season, it was time to try shredded bbq goose breast.

Soak in salt water.
Smoked breasts on the traeger for 3 hours --- seasoned with some dizzy pig island rub.
Crock pot with a pbr beer and 1 bottle of sweet baby rays, a couple shots of sriracha = cooked overnight for 8 hours.
Heavy on the cracked pepper.
Turned off crockpot, let rest and placed in ziploc.
Shredded breasts>>> They fell apart..
Wahla!

Served with Hawaiian buns at the 8th annual wild game feast. Excellent.

Last edited:
the bad pic...

Happy kid...second big bird of his young career. As mentioned, he and I doubled up, what a moment!

Folks that say they don't like goose don't know what they are missing.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 474
I am a waterfowl hunter and love goose and duck, many do not. Sounds like a great way to cook goose, thanks for sharing!

That sounds good. If you want to save yourself some time you only need to smoke for 30 minutes or so. Smokiness won't get any stronger with more time and you may be losing some fat/juices by the additional time in the traeger.

We got creative the last time we smoked goose. Take a small piece of smoked goose. Add cream cheese & a couple jalapeno on top. Wrap with a slice of bacon, insert tooth pick/skewers & grill. Taste best with Budlight!

We are having goose today as a matter of fact.

I cut the breast into steaks, hammer it out flat with a meat hammer, soak it in milk for 24 hours, drain, rinse and rinse again. Roll it in Cabelas fish batter and fry. Just as good as any other meat.

Young hunter

Way to go Brooks. Did you use your new 12 ga on the honker?

I admit it, I don't care for goose. Love to hunt them and make sausage out of most of it which is ok. Still looking for another way to cook it but doubt I'll ever find a recipe that makes it excellent. Funny, a little S & P and antelope steak is to die for, but goose you have to add the kitchen sink just to make it ok, but that's just me.

We had some smoked goose wrapped in bacon at bear camp last fall,it went over great .

I admit it, I don't care for goose. Love to hunt them and make sausage out of most of it which is ok. Still looking for another way to cook it but doubt I'll ever find a recipe that makes it excellent. Funny, a little S & P and antelope steak is to die for, but goose you have to add the kitchen sink just to make it ok, but that's just me.

That's why we refer to them birds as "Flying carp".

White geese are sky carp, agreed. Canada goose meat is divine.

Hey skeet - yep, he is hammering away with that new 12 gauge. I just told him ......'give em three son' That was a one shot & drop. He laid down his gun and jumped in my arms for a huge hug!
He will be calling to tell ya about it. I am working on the goose hunt too.

---- anyone know of a good outfitter in Kansas or Nebraska? Trying to book a spring gig here.

White geese are sky carp, agreed. Canada goose meat is divine.

Hey skeet - yep, he is hammering away with that new 12 gauge. I just told him ......'give em three son' That was a one shot & drop. He laid down his gun and jumped in my arms for a huge hug!
He will be calling to tell ya about it. I am working on the goose hunt too.

---- anyone know of a good outfitter in Kansas or Nebraska? Trying to book a spring gig here.
Let me know if you need more guns, I've been wanting to go on a snow shoot.

Ill tell you what make yourself some potpie with them that mite do the trick

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back