MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Small/mid-size trucks, best all around

I saw one of these on the way to work this morning. I had forgotten all about them.

Cheaper than the Japanese Mini Truck but it is a Ford.

82e2e0ae-04d2-47d5-bea1-ab69a11a0e38.png

I regret not bringing one back when I was in Zambia. And old Land Cruisers from Bolivia.
The carpenter that bought my 82' ,towed a Hilux back from Mexico with it. He got mine to work on K. Costners home down there.

I saw one of these on the way to work this morning. I had forgotten all about them.

Cheaper than the Japanese Mini Truck but it is a Ford.

82e2e0ae-04d2-47d5-bea1-ab69a11a0e38.png

I just sold my 2005 for $15k a few months ago. It was an awesome mountain truck with a SuperCharger and an E-Locker in the rear. It's built with a ton of the same parts as the Ranger and pre-01 Explorer so there are tons of aftermarket upgrades for them.

20220324_111807.jpg

I replaced a thermostat housing for a small coolant leak, but that's it. It was bulletproof.

I just sold my 2005 for $15k a few months ago. It was an awesome mountain truck with a SuperCharger and an E-Locker in the rear. It's built with a ton of the same parts as the Ranger and pre-01 Explorer so there are tons of aftermarket upgrades for them.

View attachment 230974

I replaced a thermostat housing for a small coolant leak, but that's it. It was bulletproof.
For some reason everyone likes to pick on sport tracs but they will get the job done fine for most truck users

Last edited:
GM just released photos of the 2023 colorado. Looks great. Disappointed they kept the 8 speed transmission.
The tranny is one of my few gripes on my 18. I’ve looked at reprogramming and such, but it is $$$$. It works fine, but it definitely takes some learning to optimize. I have had zero mechanical issues with it.

I admit… I am tempted… ZR2

This is going to fit the bill for a lot of guys

I think you’re right. Most people don’t really use their trucks for their intent. I just can’t get over how damn ugly it is. YES! I know I can be a lil’ fancy, as my wife says.

I think you’re right. Most people don’t really use their trucks for their intent. I just can’t get over how damn ugly it is. YES! I know I can be a lil’ fancy, as my wife says.
At this point it's all about looks and less about function. Most people don't understand the difference in this and a traditional truck as far as unibody construction, FWD, small axles, suspension travel, etc... They just want to look cute driving to work.

I see people are also lowering them

1638667130508-png.2516

At this point it's all about looks and less about function. Most people don't understand the difference in this and a traditional truck as far as unibody construction, FWD, small axles, suspension travel, etc... They just want to look cute driving to work.

I see people are also lowering them

1638667130508-png.2516
Good Lord! I have an idea for a new thread!!!

The tranny is one of my few gripes on my 18. I’ve looked at reprogramming and such, but it is $$$$. It works fine, but it definitely takes some learning to optimize. I have had zero mechanical issues with it.

I admit… I am tempted… ZR2
Well the 8 speed had a lot of issues when the truck was first released in 2015 but 95% of the issues were solved by changing the automatic transmission fluid. There is a TSB out there for GM to replace the transmission fluid for free on these trucks. I'm not sure if your 18 would fall under that but might be worth checking out. This transmission will be gen 2 which supposedly has improvements over the gen 1. I still was hoping for a 10 speed.

Edit: Looks like 18's are covered under the TSB. https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2019/MC-10163890-9999.pdf

Well the 8 speed had a lot of issues when the truck was first released in 2015 but 95% of the issues were solved by changing the automatic transmission fluid. There is a TSB out there for GM to replace the transmission fluid for free on these trucks. I'm not sure if your 18 would fall under that but might be worth checking out. This transmission will be gen 2 which supposedly has improvements over the gen 1. I still was hoping for a 10 speed.

Edit: Looks like 18's are covered under the TSB. https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2019/MC-10163890-9999.pdf

I’d prefer the ten also, and thank you!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back