Small 4x4 truck with best fuel economy?

View attachment 228170

AWD, 36 mpg

Lazy boy style captains chairs in the center row...
View attachment 228171

Anybody triggered yet...
Hope it’s downhill to the boat ramp and to get back home. I like passing these people on the steep inclines with 7k of travel trailer behind me.

Most newer half tons will get low 20’s mpg on the highway, typically beating the midsize trucks.

Hope it’s downhill to the boat ramp and to get back home. I like passing these people on the steep inclines with 7k of travel trailer behind me.

Most newer half tons will get low 20’s mpg on the highway, typically beating the midsize trucks.
Imagine the joy of “rollin coal” on some of these guys.

Didn't read through 7 pages of posts since yesterday, but if it's not been mentioned, the Chevy Colorado Diesel I think is supposed to get 30mpg. Not sure if that's in 4wd or 2wd.

View attachment 228170

AWD, 36 mpg

Lazy boy style captains chairs in the center row...
View attachment 228171

Anybody triggered yet...
I knew a woman who folded the far back seats down in a nice Honda van and hauled a couple of calves in the back, with kids in the mid row seats.

I'd like to see whistlin diesel show what a van would really do off roading.

As far as the OP it seems that based on the feedback a subaru baja might be the finest small pickup ever made. But I am not sure if it's still available as most I have seen are older.

After sifting through an insane amount of BS, I've gathered pretty much what I expected... the little trucks aren't that much better on fuel. That was what I was hoping someone would change my mind on and say, Go with brand X and get 25Hwy/20 city... probably aint happening. Longevity wise the Tacoma wins easily. The manVan is in tough shape today, time to start shopping. Thanks to the guys that replied with legitimate info about trucks!

My boss has a new Ranger but can’t say he’s put enough miles on it for an educated opinion.

There's this huge marketing battle going on about gas mileage for 1/2 tons. Get a bunch of honest guys together after a few beers, and yeah, I get about 15-17. For guys that use trucks as trucks, haul stuff, load wood, camping gear, etc.

After sifting through an insane amount of BS, I've gathered pretty much what I expected... the little trucks aren't that much better on fuel. That was what I was hoping someone would change my mind on and say, Go with brand X and get 25Hwy/20 city... probably aint happening. Longevity wise the Tacoma wins easily. The manVan is in tough shape today, time to start shopping. Thanks to the guys that replied with legitimate info about trucks!
Hey man at least you didn't end up with pink cowboy boots

The thing about tacos and the even better "pickup" is that they simply run forever. You can beat on them, and neglect them, and they still won't let you down.

But I'd concur with the small suv or as my fellow small car driver has pointed out... a small shitty (but great) foreign car. Drive the 3/4 ton if the weather/trip warrants it, but general driving I prefer this little hot minute with the flappy paddle gear box.

View attachment 228166
Serious question - when you get a new sticker how do you decide which cehicle to put it on, car or truck?

After sifting through an insane amount of BS, I've gathered pretty much what I expected... the little trucks aren't that much better on fuel. That was what I was hoping someone would change my mind on and say, Go with brand X and get 25Hwy/20 city... probably aint happening. Longevity wise the Tacoma wins easily. The manVan is in tough shape today, time to start shopping. Thanks to the guys that replied with legitimate info about truck
You should go on Youtube and search TFL truck and then the model you want. They do all sorts of real world fuel economy tests on basically every truck. All of it is done in Colorado too so some of the tests are pretty tough. They seem like good honest guys and they are psyched on trucks...unlike some of the folks here!

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back