Sleeeeeep!

My almost 2yr old does a fantastic job of making sure I'm up at 6am. I don't mind getting up early. I wish I could do it without an alarm.

My sleep schedule seems to vary widely with the time changes and day length variation. I grew up in OK and now live in Idaho. The sunlight variation in Idaho seems like a different planet. It's light until around 10:30 pm and daylight comes so early....It seems like I struggle to fall asleep this time of year and waking up is a terrible experience even though there is so much light.

Winters seem horrific. It seems like there are only 7 hours of daylight. I'm sitting in my dark office at 9 am looking out my window like WTF? After all hunting seasons close on Feb 1st its a struggle to survive until bear season opens and the light comes back in. I might actually go talk to a doctor this winter and see if there is anything I can do to help feel better in the winter. Vitamin D pills and exercise are the only thing keeping me from packing my shit and driving to the equator.

For you podcast people , this is still one of the best podcast ive listened to.

My SSA record says I been working since 1970, 49 years ago so out of habit I wake up 4:30-5:00 am most every day without an alarm unless there was some extraordinary events that kept me up for like an entire day. Not sure what it's gonna be like when I finally hang up my cleats.

Wow, wow, wow isu22Andy! Listened to the first half of this.

Fascinating conversation

Ive got a 2 month old who currently tempers my sleep, as daddy does the night feeding/changing. I thought it was gonna be a lot tougher than it is ( she typically only wakes up once and I have her back down in a 1/2 hour.) I miss the full 8 hours in a row, but am embracing the newfound acceptability of napping that comes with an infant!

And I thought I was the only one.....never sleep more than 3 or 4 hours straight. Up at 5am every day. Haven’t used an alarm clock since I was a teenager.

My sleep schedule seems to vary widely with the time changes and day length variation. I grew up in OK and now live in Idaho. The sunlight variation in Idaho seems like a different planet. It's light until around 10:30 pm and daylight comes so early....It seems like I struggle to fall asleep this time of year and waking up is a terrible experience even though there is so much light.

Winters seem horrific. It seems like there are only 7 hours of daylight. I'm sitting in my dark office at 9 am looking out my window like WTF? After all hunting seasons close on Feb 1st its a struggle to survive until bear season opens and the light comes back in. I might actually go talk to a doctor this winter and see if there is anything I can do to help feel better in the winter. Vitamin D pills and exercise are the only thing keeping me from packing my shit and driving to the equator.
Just wondering if you have tried melatonin supplement deals. Probably won’t help the serious cases but it can knock me out and help get back into the regular sleep pattern when I get thrown off. I Dont have a good grasp on winter but I do enjoy nighttime walking especially dark nights under the stars. Nighttime Snowshoeing and fishing if it’s allowed in Idaho. It doesn’t cover the vitamin d though. I am not sure how you guys function on two or three hours sleep. I am not wired that way at all.

I don't ever use an alarm clock either. Not since my dad told me I didn't need one, just decide what time you want to wake up and you will. I don't remember the last time I slept through the night without waking up a few times though. Don't ever have trouble getting back to sleep but I can't seem to just sleep the whole night.

my Body wakes me up after 6 hours .
Last night I fell asleep 8pm
like clock work I was up at 2am ready to rock and roll.

8:45-9:00 go to bed, up at 4:44 am every weekday (I set my alarm for that because it makes me think of the Marlin .444 and deer hunting every time the alarm goes off- I like to start out the day with a nice thought). Same a schedule on the weekend, only not on purpose.

I try to stay very disciplined with sleep, as much as possible anyway.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back