Size queens click (graphic images)

Elkmagnet

I have read that elk go through a process similar to osteoporosis where their body robs nutrients from their bones to grow antlers in the spring. This process absolutely amazes me every year.
This bull shed 3 months ago and here he is June 17th with a month or 45 days left to grow tips.
Big bull elk just facinat me like nothing else.
How do they do it?

Will he get bigger? Our first bulls usually rub around aug 20th.

What will he score?

Anyone care to discuss the process?

VideoCapture_20220621-085720.jpgVideoCapture_20220621-085940.jpgVideoCapture_20220621-085917.jpg

Yup. Rounded tips…he is still growing although he is way more done than the small bull. What a stud!!

Just based on a my very limited experience tracking a few bulls over the years, I've seen some that shed early in like Feb-March, that are basically done growing by the 4th of July. And others that don't shed until late April or early may that pack on the inches until Aug. But they all seem to be "done" growing by like Aug 10th or so.

He’s impressive! I had a group of two year old bulls on a camera around the first of June that were basically just the starts of the brow tines and maybe 4-8 inches of beam. Amazing the difference in growth between big bulls and young ones

I think he's about almost done. Maybe an inch or two left on the 5th and beam tips, everything 4th and down is 100% done. Crazy pretty early for that. Huge mass. Can you hunt him?
Frick no I can't hunt him. I'll probably never have a tag for where I live.
Oh well He is fun to watch.

Frick no I can't hunt him. I'll probably never have a tag for where I live.
Oh well He is fun to watch.
I’m sure he’ll be a fine bull for someone with a landowner tag or that spent thousands for a super tag

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back