Caribou Gear

Sitka versus Badlands clothing

nhn2a

I've always been a clearance rack type camo shopper but looking to get into some better clothing that isn't quite as bulky. I'm predominantly a eastern whitetail hunter that tries to do one Western Hunt a year. I'm also predominantly an archery hunter so just looking for something less bulky that won't get in the way as much especially when it gets cold. Right now I look like the Michelin Man when it gets cold.

I really like Badlands and have several of their packs but ive never tried their clothing. They're warranty is really what draws me to them although I've actually never had to use it and I've always liked their quality. I've never owned anything Sitka and just trying to debate if Sitka is really twice as good as Badlands as it's typically twice the price or more. I have nothing bad to say about either brand and both are great supporters of the military which helps.

The biggest pro I see for Badlands is their warranty and if I rip something them fixing or replacing it. The only other consideration besides price I see about Sitka is it seems to have more of an athletic fit. In addition to the normal whitetail hunter physique, I have a thyroid issue and so my weight tends to fluctuate 20 lbs plus or minus but I'm normally able to stay in a size large pant. Just worried that won't work as well in Sitka since they're more size specific from what I can tell.

For anyone who has tried both brands, what are your thoughts on the difference between badlands and sitka? Is it worth double the price for Sitka? Also for the bigger guys, any issues with Sitka and their fit and sizing?

Bedsides getting shit for wearing it. I’ve really enjoyed my Sitka gear. I’ve been wearing the same Sitka mountain pants for the last ten or so seasons and they’re still running strong. Sitka warranty is great even though I’ve only had to use it once, and it was my mistake. In terms of fit I haven’t had any issues with weight fluctuation as I move more towards the dad bod sizing of my life…. I’ve worn the same 34 waist band with a gain of about 20 pounds when I bought them many years ago. Hope that helps.

I'm a Midwestern hunter, spend lots of time in the stand and some time on foot. Last year I tried first lite for the first time. Now I run only first lite. Catalyst system for earlier season, and now for cold days in the tree I have the solitude set. It's designed for bow hunters and I've never owned something as warm that fits as well as this stuff does. Completely quiet fabric as well!

Nothing wrong with sitka. Just not a fan of the price! First lite punches well above its price tag. While still giving the best quality in my opinion!

I’m a notorious Badlands homer. I’ve had great success with it. The quality is second to none and the customer service is the best. It is expensive, but there’s always 10% off at the website with a new email address. I can’t speak to Sitka. My buddies love it. I had Redhead before, and it was garbage. Garbage is garbage no matter the price.

Sitka is like wearing pajamas. By far the most comfortable clothing I have owned. Are the $200 mountain pants worth the cost? IMO, yes. I sized up and use a $6 nylon belt so I can fit puffy pants underneath. Great for hot and cold weather alike.

I’m a notorious Badlands homer. I’ve had great success with it. The quality is second to none and the customer service is the best. It is expensive, but there’s always 10% off at the website with a new email address. I can’t speak to Sitka. My buddies love it. I had Redhead before, and it was garbage. Garbage is garbage no matter the price.

What models of Badlands do you use? They don't do a great job of explaining the difference between their various lines.

I have the Calor top and bottom. They’re tough and warm. I have a few other pants; ion X and Ascend. They’re better for early season. Their wool is great for layering and their HU2 vest is an amazing mid-layer.

Clearance rack or promo hunting can be as fun as real hunting. Never pay retail.. I just like to try stuff on an really agree Sitka is a pleasure to own. Sucks not made in USA but with Gore for the technologies its hard to beat. I find deals at online mainly but if its something I want to try on first I hit my local dealer. As for customer care i ordered discount late model raingear an my pup got to the package first. Chewed holes in two spots an Sitka fixed for free plus had a free subalpine ball cap in box when I got it all back. Good stuff and gotta love John Barklow. He's an interesting guy. Good luck. So many options with gear.

I've always been a clearance rack type camo shopper but looking to get into some better clothing that isn't quite as bulky. I'm predominantly a eastern whitetail hunter that tries to do one Western Hunt a year. I'm also predominantly an archery hunter so just looking for something less bulky that won't get in the way as much especially when it gets cold. Right now I look like the Michelin Man when it gets cold.

I really like Badlands and have several of their packs but ive never tried their clothing. They're warranty is really what draws me to them although I've actually never had to use it and I've always liked their quality. I've never owned anything Sitka and just trying to debate if Sitka is really twice as good as Badlands as it's typically twice the price or more. I have nothing bad to say about either brand and both are great supporters of the military which helps.

The biggest pro I see for Badlands is their warranty and if I rip something them fixing or replacing it. The only other consideration besides price I see about Sitka is it seems to have more of an athletic fit. In addition to the normal whitetail hunter physique, I have a thyroid issue and so my weight tends to fluctuate 20 lbs plus or minus but I'm normally able to stay in a size large pant. Just worried that won't work as well in Sitka since they're more size specific from what I can tell.

For anyone who has tried both brands, what are your thoughts on the difference between badlands and sitka? Is it worth double the price for Sitka? Also for the bigger guys, any issues with Sitka and their fit and sizing?
Sitka has thei pro account program for military vets and badlands you can find discounts using ExpertVoice. Each company has some excellent pieces the Sitka core lightweight hoody in my opinion it’s one of then best base layers for hot weather. The shirt has the face mask with the hood which is perfect for sun protection. Super lightweight at only 6.5 oz the shirt when hiking in hot weather and you start sweating a lot it dries super fast in just seconds keeping you cooler. Their ascent pants are great as well comparable to the Kuiu Tiburon for hot weather they are super breathable, I like a bit more the Tiburon because of hip vents. Badlands clothing I have not personally used so have no comment as far as my own experience. I would recommend doing research as far as the items you are interested in. Check website forums where people share their experiences.

At the end of the day like another guy mentioned on a different post hunt with what you like and can afford at the same time have blast doing it. In the end there is nothing better in the world than being outdoors no matter what you are wearing.

I am from ND and hunt mostly whitetail but do go out west to hu t Muledeer and elk. Kryptek is nice stuff. I never believed the hype but Sitka ran %40 off this spring so I bought some. As soon as I took it out of the package I could hell it was high quality stuff.

I’ve owned both and I really liked the badlands stuff but I tried Sitka and it really is like wearing pajamas. The Sitka also works a lot better than badlands in crappy weather conditions, blowing snow, rain and when the weather changes while hunting. The badlands stuff is cheaper but you can’t beat having a jacket that blocks the wind and pants that keep your backside from getting wet while waiting in your stand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back