Signs of spring

Rancho Loco

Saw a Meadowlark and also a Robin just south of Whitehall today. No Bluebirds sighted yet, but I hear they're around. Come on spring...

Nameless Range

It doesn't feel like spring yet, but I took the dog for our nightly walk yesterday evening and chunks of bare ground that have been covered since November are now visible.

I have numerous bird houses on my property, and the last three years I have found the first bluebird egg the last week of March. Once I find one of those, Spring has arrived.

Attachments

Mthuntr

Haven't seen any birds but I went for a run in shorts yesterday...the locals complained of my white legs and I hear there were reports of a yeti in the general area I was in so atleast I didn't go unnoticed

NoWiser

I've seen a couple flocks of robins and the chickadees are singing their spring tune here in southern MN. There is still 2' of snow in my front yard and I had to drill through 36" of ice to get at the bluegills this past weekend. I'm ready for spring.

Sytes

Boreas is reading this... I'm too skerrrd to comment.

PISS ON WINTER! SPRING IS HERE!

Ha!

Last edited:

kansasdad

Canada geese are pairing up and fighting over nesting territory out my back window, and yesterday Mr and Mrs Woodduck were checking out some trees for suitable nesting locales. The mallard pair who have already set up in the area were not too kindly.

mtmiller

ProngWinterKill.jpg
KMA. View from the field last Thursday. We are due for a warm up. It was 2F when I went to work this morning. Less snow in Yellowstone last weekend.

brownbear932008

Glad things are breaking out there maybe it will help the animals. I almost feel guilty catching spring run crappie and my neck is peeling from the first sunburn of the year from a few weeks ago.

dcopas78

A month from now, I hope to be in the morels like this again. It has been a while since I filled my mushroom bag up. We are due for a good morel crop this year.

Attachments

neffa3

The song birds have definitely arrived here in E Wa in the last week or so. I let the dogs out this morning and heard a couple turkey's sounding off up the canyon, probably just coming off the roost.

CampRipleyLF

Central Minnesota still covered up by at least 2 ft of snow. Wish it would start melting faster, I'm itching to get out and find some sheds but the last snow was great enough to cover everything up!