Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Show me your Subaru

My turn to bump this thing. After 15 years of driving subies, I got a boat and had to move up to a 4runner about six years back. Daughter turned 16 this spring and my parents talked about trading in their 10 year old outback, so when they got a new car so did my daughter.

Three weeks later my daughter learned a valuable lesson about making left turns onto busy roads...don't! Other driver was cited as he was using the center turn lane as a passing lane, and luckily everybody was fine.

View attachment 284342

Insurance totalled it out, but second body shop assured me the damage was cosmetic and that I could do the work. A phone call to the junkyard was made, and a plan for parts was established. The garage was then turned into a body shop. I sure would've loved a lift, but no dice.

View attachment 284343

Doors went smooth, fender replacement wasn't too bad, bumper cover was replaced, and I thought I was good to go. Fired the car up only to realize I never clipped in the headlight wiring. Dammit!! Stripped it all back off, clipped it in, and reassembled it... again.

View attachment 284345

Drove it to work all last week and life is good. The junkyard doors have some scratches and dings, but they are perfect for high school parking lots now.

Biggest take away was the cheap plastic clips used for holding cars together can be managed with the right tools. A cheap kit off Amazon for pulling plastic trim was worth its weight in gold. I still broke a few, but had replacements that worked just fine. Also lots of pictures and lots of beer made it a tolerable project.
I’ve done a hunting season with a Forester now. When the clips pop out from from the plastic parts, just use your boot to punch them back in place. It works for a few weeks. Can’t help with those harsh sagebrush scrapes, as that does happen. My rig is all jacked up from sagebrush.

So excited to finally be able to post in this thread. I can definitely feel the love sitting at the Subaru dealership right now waiting on them to finish the change and rotation on our newish Subaru Outback! Can’t wait until my wife lets me leave the truck at home and take this rig hunting. I’ll be sure and include pics.

They’re talking to the gal next to me about a $3,300 tranny repair after she put $7K in to it last year. She’s worried about all her stickers. And it’s an hour and 15 minutes later and I’m still waiting on my change and rotation - not feeling as much love . . . although the free can of diet dew helped.

Not my Subaru, but thought I'd share it anyways.
If any of you Subie "fellas" are in Boise at the Towne Square Hilton, pm me. I have a pic of the car that busted off your hitch mount bike rack.
Normally, vandalism on a Subaru would be considered a hate crime, but this assault was done by a Tesla. So I guess it's a pronoun on pronoun victimless incident?20231203_150019.jpg

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back