should teachers be armed, at school

and public schools should not be gun free zones,if you have a child in said school,and you have a c.w.p ,then you should be allowed to carry your weapon to school,if you are a teacher at said school,and you have a c.w.p,then you should be allowed to carry it in said school,while teaching,eating lunch,or what ever you happen to be doing,if you are a parent of a student in said school,why would you not want someone protecting your child?
if training is the issue,then allow a teacher to take said training if teacher chooses to,the district could offer a class to teach advanced training,simlar to boot camp,only in gun safety,gun training,gun handling,and then test said trainee,like a test you take to get a licence to drive,or to get a captains licence,or a degree in something,then there would be no need to have a rent a dope,and pay him wages with medical,dental,retirement,vacation,and even hazard pay.
and said teacher,should buy his or hers own fire arm,and carry it on them,because a locked up gun,is not even good for a club.:hump:

I'm not going to say a teacher that has a CCW shouldn't be allowed to carry on the premises if it is their free will decision, but that's as far as I would take it. However, there will not be that many that will do it and the guard may be the way to go, even if it is a little expensive, There are a lot of trained police officers that retire at an early age and that would be a way for them to continue working and they may not need a lot of extra benefits if they are drawing a pension and benefits already under their retirement program. After all, it's your kids that need the protection and people are just trying to come up with ideas to help you keep them out of harms way!

huntme---You might not call it a prison, but most schools are locked up at a certain time each day to try and prevent people from coming and going just like a prison. Many also have police and/or armed security guards tooand have for years. I know that and haven't had kids in school for 30 years and shook my head after reading your comments. I think you are overacting a bunch and you would still have what you want after showing proper ID to get in. Maybe you should consider home schooling!

i am saying nothing my own father would of said,and did say all through my school years,he raised four kids,3 boys,1 girl,around firearns my whole life,loaded ones at that,if my father wanted access to his kids,he walked into the school,knocked on teachers door,walked in,told teacher what he was there for,who he was there for,did what he went there to do,or say and then left,if my teachers,or my principle had a problem with me or my brothers or sister,all said teacher or principle had to do was call him he would come down to the school,and if the complaint was valid,and i did something wrong,my father would beat my back side,if teacher was wrong,then he would take it up with said teacher,and yes there was times when he would come to my school with a gun on him or in his car,and the reason he would do it that way is because we were his kids,and he loved us,and cared for his kids willingly,he acted the same way even when we were in highschool,and if parents cared for there kids the same way today,we would have less nutjobs in the world today.
so no i am not over reacting,my father taught me to be a good person,and to be a responsible person,not only for children that are mine but for others as well.
and children do not need to be locked up,to be safe,they need people to take the lead,do the right thing,and protect the young people in our messed up world we live in:hump:

and as for the police,well if you remeber me from a few years ago,i have found verry few police men or women that are trustworthy,or worth a darn,but that is a subject i will not get into at this time.
so hireing a retired police man or women, will neaver be a solution i would ever agree on,no how no way.:hump:
thanks for the impute,top gun.

Last edited:
huntme---You might not call it a prison, but most schools are locked up at a certain time each day to try and prevent people from coming and going just like a prison. Many also have police and/or armed security guards tooand have for years. I know that and haven't had kids in school for 30 years and shook my head after reading your comments. I think you are overacting a bunch and you would still have what you want after showing proper ID to get in. Maybe you should consider home schooling!

i am saying nothing my own father would of said,and did say all through my school years,he raised four kids,3 boys,1 girl,around firearns my whole life,loaded ones at that,if my father wanted access to his kids,he walked into the school,knocked on teachers door,walked in,told teacher what he was there for,who he was there for,did what he went there to do,or say and then left,if my teachers,or my principle had a problem with me or my brothers or sister,all said teacher or principle had to do was call him he would come down to the school,and if the complaint was valid,and i did something wrong,my father would beat my back side,if teacher was wrong,then he would take it up with said teacher,and yes there was times when he would come to my school with a gun on him or in his car,and the reason he would do it that way is because we were his kids,and he loved us,and cared for his kids willingly,he acted the same way even when we were in highschool,and if parents cared for there kids the same way today,we would have less nutjobs in the world today.
so no i am not over reacting,my father taught me to be a good person,and to be a responsible person,not only for children that are mine but for others as well.
and children do not need to be locked up,to be safe,they need people to take the lead,do the right thing,and protect the young people in our messed up world we live in:hump:

I'm glad someone came up with the idea of pepper spray. It could be a very useful tool but is currently outlawed in our schools weapons free zone. This should be changed and can be one more useful tool with some proper thought and training. Why not add some tear gas as well. My only concern with the idea is that you don't bring pepper spray to a gun fight. Someone out of the 30 plus faculty and staff should be able to have a gun to bring to the gun fight. In the time it takes law enforcement to respond too many lives are lost were a janitor, secretary, gym teacher, principle, or whom ever can run to the fight with a firearm to save lives.

I believe many teachers would give their lives for our kids. If they are willing to do this then they hopefully will be willing to train with a firearm to save our kids. We just need to legislate they can.

at least we are all thinking,dissusing,talking,and coming up with ideas,so it is a start in the right direction.
and i still think there should be no place a person with c.w.p can not carry his gun,in,on,or at.:hump:

Today, 09:53 PM
huntme
Senior Member Join Date: Mar 2012

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and as for the police,well if you remeber me from a few years ago,i have found verry few police men or women that are trustworthy,or worth a darn,but that is a subject i will not get into at this time.
so hireing a retired police man or women, will neaver be a solution i would ever agree on,no how no way.
thanks for the impute,top gun.

*** I more than remember you and your far out ideas and wisecracks on most things that people talked about on the oher site we were on! I also fully remember your feelings and rants towards law enforcement and people in those capacities and think you are way out of line on that too, so your posts here don't surprise me at all. I do agree that if a person has a valid CCW that there should be no restrictions on where they can carry. Have a good holiday season and we will probably just have to agree to disagree on a lot of this stuff, but that is what is good about living in the good old US of A!

Last edited:
top gun-this is a topic that i am verry serious about,i feel so bad for the loss of those children,i know there are no easy answer,but at least people are talking,dissusing,and coming up with ideas,to maybe find some answers.
and you have a good holliday season your self.:cool:

these kids are not in prison,so why would you put them in one now,you are refering to a prison,do we want our kids going to prison every day?
our kids allready dont get good schooling,now you want to keep the parents,and family away from there kids untill some armed rent a dope,says you can come into a building you are paying for,if they are my kids,and let me say this again,if they are my kids,then i being the parrent,or guardian of said kids should have access to said kids that are mine at any time i need to,because they are my kids,not the rent a dope,behind the bullet proof glass,or the teacher who is teaching them,they are mine!:eek::mad:

First let me say thanks for a rational reply and i see what your saying. I wouldnt want that either. i guess i didnt exactly say what i was meaning. my sons day care ( he is now in kindergarten), but when he was in daycare we all had a card and could swipe to get in. the door was always locked to people that didnt need to get in. i think parents should have access to their kids. when i say locked i just mean that you have to have access to get in, or go to a window and state your business before someone can let you in.

Maybe it is too much lockdown but i have never minded when my son is in that environment.

this is my own personal opinion and who really knows the answer but i do think that anyone out in front of a school that is armed would be a deterrence. even an old retired police man.

I think the cowards that would shoot up a school want the easiest prey possible. why else shoot up a school??? if there is any barrier that might put a crimp in their coward actions i think they would go somewhere else. i think any presence in good.

I think Larry Correia has a workable solution for the armed assailant in a school.

http://larrycorreia.wordpress.com/2012/12/20/an-opinion-on-gun-control/

A lot like what has been posted here by others, but with more complete and better articulation. He has made a career of studying mass shooters and how to deal with them. His solution is cost effective in that it requires absolutely zero tax dollars. Worth the read, unless of course you are only interested in meaningless debate.

Very interesting read Sagebrush. He says it all. I especially like this part:
The average number of people shot in a mass shooting event when the shooter is stopped by law enforcement: 14. The average number of people shot in a mass shooting event when the shooter is stopped by civilians: 2.5. The reason is simple. The armed civilians are there when it started.

Senator Fienstein D CA has plans for you and your guns. Anything with more than 10 round magazines will be banned. Grandfathering in with self reporting/registration.

Drudges link to her website: http://drudge.tw/ZDRKIH

Pa MT man, the Wash Post article is well written and fair, I thought. thanks for posting it.

Excellent read and the way it can be done unobtrusively to take care of this situation with no more gun control laws needed!

I heard on the local radio today that the largest school district in this part of the State has chosen to have armed Teachers,Custodians,Grounds keepers and Administration,on campus.
My wife who worked for this district for 6 years told me that they have about 2500 students K - 12 and graduate about 150 students per year.
The report on the news stated that participation was voluntary and about 50 personnel received 54hrs of training from the State Police. That each participant received a one time stipend to purchase a 9mm in their own name. They have to take the same requalification test that any police officer has to take every year.
I'm not sure what to think about this,seems like they have opened themselves up to serious liability by essentially arming employees.
Anyone else have this going on where you live?

I heard on the local radio today that the largest school district in this part of the State has chosen to have armed Teachers,Custodians,Grounds keepers and Administration,on campus.
My wife who worked for this district for 6 years told me that they have about 2500 students K - 12 and graduate about 150 students per year.
The report on the news stated that participation was voluntary and about 50 personnel received 54hrs of training from the State Police. That each participant received a one time stipend to purchase a 9mm in their own name. They have to take the same requalification test that any police officer has to take every year.
I'm not sure what to think about this,seems like they have opened themselves up to serious liability by essentially arming employees.
Anyone else have this going on where you live?

It's voluntary, so I don't believe there will be a liabiltiy issue. They aren' t mandating that employees be armed.

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back