Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Should Have Bought A Tundra

I guarantee you if you go to a Toyota dealer ship, your not going to find one lone mechanic leaning against the desk like the Maytag repair man with nothing to do. What you will see is a shop full of cars being worked on just like any other dealer ship you go to. Buy what makes you happy and don't worry other people think about one brand or the other. They all make a bad one sooner or later.
Probably all in there for oil changes and tire rotation...LOL.

I dont care how long they last!!!! I just want dodge to put the hellcat engine in a ram 2500 so I can get from Pa to Idaho In 1/2 hour

I work for a very large mechanical contractor in the Southeast. Our service trucks have always been 2500/3500 or 250/350's. These trucks are put through the ringer and most easily exceed 300,000 miles and are then sold off. Welders are tough on their equipment and this speaks volumes to their reliability if you do the required maintenance. Anything mechanical can and will break.

I recently got rid of a tacoma with 175K, was going to need about $1500 put into it for the usual stuff that wears out. I wanted to go back to a full size truck and would have bought a Tundra in a second but for the MPG. Got a decent deal on an end-of-the-yr Silverado so I went that route. With the 5.3 gets a couple miles or so per gallon better than my tacoma and much better ride. So far I'm happy. I know traditionally you don't buy a truck looking for good mileage and a nice ride, but if you can get it.

Hope that Silverado works well for you. I’m not overly impressed with what I’m seeing from them.

you must like them to keep buying. Any complaints? Looking at one for my next truck
Disclaimer, I own a 2008 Toyota Tundra now.

First one was a 1996 Ram 1500. I only owned it for three years. Good truck, traded it in with 35k on it.

Second one was a 1999 2500 CTD. Great pickup, wrecked it in 08 and totaled it with 160k miles. Other than front end parts it needed very little work.

Third was an 04 2500 CTD that replaced the 99. Again, great engine. Sold it with 301k miles on it. Front end problems plagued this truck. Not cheap to fix either, but other than that it was extremely solid.

I can’t speak to the current quality of Dodge.

Ya need to quit calling a dodge a dodge. Haven't you all noticed that you cant find dodge on a dodge pickup anymore. Its just ram. All the commercials just say ram. I'm just guessing here but I bet dodge is trying to get away from all the negative reviews online by eliminating the word dodge from there vocabulary.

From the article
“Pickup trucks are commonly used as work vehicles and are likely to accrue more miles than a typical passenger car while being more likely to undergo preventative maintenance and necessary repairs.

The type of people that own trucks, for the most part are not the type that don’t know when their last oil change was.
As I casually look for a cheap commuter car, that’s what concerns me the most. Buying some Altima that somebody’s’ 21 year old daughter has been driving since her sophomore year in high school without changing the oil.

I bought an 08 Titan with 148K on it this winter. No spring chicken I know, but clean record, one local owner. Within about 1,000 miles of owning it the instrument cluster quit working. 1,000 miles later the head gasket blew and led to significant engine damage.
Should have bought a Tundra...

I bought an 08 Titan with 148K on it this winter. No spring chicken I know, but clean record, one local owner. Within about 1,000 miles of owning it the instrument cluster quit working. 1,000 miles later the head gasket blew and led to significant engine damage.
Should have bought a Tundra...
That’s painful... I looked pretty hard at the Titans when I was truck shopping and I’m glad I went the way I did.

The biggest issue with the Tundra is it's abysmal max payload. A freaking midsized Ford Ranger can haul more weight.

I'm in the market for something that can pull a smallish trailer with a tongue weight of about 500 lbs. Add in a family of 4 with a topper and you can't even haul any gear in the bed. Anything else like a WDH, bigger tires, aftermarket bumper, pushbar, running boards etc is putting you over payload.

My 98 tacoma was the best vehicle I ever owned and up until I did some research into the Tundra payload/towing numbers about a week ago I was unconditionally going to make it my next purchase. Now idk, prob gonna look at a 6.2 F250.

The biggest issue with the Tundra is it's abysmal max payload. A freaking midsized Ford Ranger can haul more weight.

I'm in the market for something that can pull a smallish trailer with a tongue weight of about 500 lbs. Add in a family of 4 with a topper and you can't even haul any gear in the bed. Anything else like a WDH, bigger tires, aftermarket bumper, pushbar, running boards etc is putting you over payload.

My 98 tacoma was the best vehicle I ever owned and up until I did some research into the Tundra payload/towing numbers about a week ago I was unconditionally going to make it my next purchase. Now idk, prob gonna look at a 6.2 F250.
You can put a helluva lot more in a tundra bed than they say. Just gotta check the rubber bump stops while you load it. I beat the piss out of mine and we're 140k without a single issue.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rohan7
Back