Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Shortest recovery distance EVER.

Gunner46

Sooo, what is the shortest distance you had to travel, from where you took your shot, to recover your deer. I'll post mine in a couple of days.

35 yds last week in IL. The doe I shot came off he feet when hit by the 1 1/4 oz slug and was dead before she hit the ground.

I shot a deer on opening day in West Virginia around 20 years ago that was 2 yds from my tree stand. I hit him in the spine and he died on the spot. So 6 feet.

I've had some birds I've had to duck away as they came down. Do they count? I was going to catch one once, but remembered a story about someone getting stabbed by a broken wing bone.

Shot a buck in the back of the neck at less than 10 feet. Dropped in his tracks. It was actually a tough shot, trying to aim through a scope.

Shot this doe about 30 feet behind this tree. She did the bulldozer run towards me and actually slid across my lap stopping about 5 feet away. Guess I could have grabbed her, I was just trying to not get kicked at the time!

20191123_064915.jpg

I caught a pheasant someone else shot once. Like fair catching a punt. After reading BrentD's post, never again.

3 Yards. In a tree stand, shoot straight down with bow. Deer just fell over. Was almost comical. I just blinked for a minute and wondered what happened.

I hit a fork horn in the chest and he ran directly at me to get under the fence where they normally slide under. I had to jump up and roll out of the way and he died about 3 feet away. Thought I would need to shoot again in self defense.

Same as Steve above. - Many years ago, basket rack 8 pt. whitetail, 12' up in a tree shot him while standing next to my tree, straight down, spined him and done. It was opening day of bow season. Two dumb things, shooting one that early in the season and shooting at that angle, never again. If I hadn't hit spine I could have had a deer with an entry hole in top and no exit hole out the bottom, = next to zero blood trail and potentially lost deer.

I have told this one before but my first deer a doe at about 2 or 3 feet. Reached out with the gun and put the barrel by her ear and pulled the trigger as she walked by me.

About 20 feet. Sitting on the ground in full blaze orange without a blind. A couple whitetail does walked past me somehow completely oblivious that I was even there. Once the bigger one got broadside I shot. Dropped right there.

Shot a little doe about 5’ from the base of the tree with a 200 grain Snuffer and a 2317 arrow. Slid right down the arrow and died. Backed the truck down the right of way and loaded her up.

Shot a gobbler at about 8 inches once. He came directly at me. I had about a 4" diameter tree right in front of me and his head stayed behind that as he came in full strut. I just got lucky and picked the right side of the tree to have my barrel on. Came up, turned right in front of the barrel, boom, head was pretty much gone.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back