Yeti GOBOX Collection

Shooting game via the internet?

I think that is the biggest bunch of crap I have ever heard of!!!
Guess if that is what flips your switch, but I don't see it. Even says they will clean your game, process it, and send it to you and also send the animal to the taxidermist..
Wouldn't you be proud to tell everyone, "I shot this with my KEYBOARD"....
NOT!
TOTALLY CRAP...Someone can see a way to make a few $$$$ at the expense of the sport.... Maybe sport is the wrong word to use here...
Where is the "experience"? I have to sit and pound keys at my 'puter all day, don't think that is my idea of "recreation", hitting a key to take an animal???? I like getting "down and dirty" and being out in the great outdoors!
That's my 2 cents, which I'm sure wouldn't be enough $$$ to hunt the internet!!! What a joke....

Will they? They seem to espouse many other types of hunting that are considered unethical in most other states. I hope you right.

"Internet hunting could be popular with disabled hunters unable to get out in the woods or distant hunters who cannot afford a trip to Texas, Underwood said.Internet hunting could be popular with disabled hunters unable to get out in the woods or distant hunters who cannot afford a trip to Texas, Underwood said.Internet hunting could be popular with disabled hunters unable to get out in the woods or distant hunters who cannot afford a trip to Texas, Underwood said."

How much does one have to Pay to shoot a Critter ? If the cost to travel to Texas is the Issue, Why would the person use the Taxidermist also ?

HEll, I'm goingto offere something liek this soon to in Idaho, Fo rthe FAT and LAZY that don't like to hike, I'll bring out a Camera Phone and Hike in 5 miles and Talk and Take pictures as I shoot an Animal for someone. Then I'll pack it out, Get it mounted and And Ship itto them with a Written Experience of the Hunt they can Share with thier friends of "thier" hunt ;)

Heck yah..... anything is for sale ;) But the bulls you guys shoot I should have you do it for me !!!!:D

Top dollar for spikes??? Nope I'll stick to the 400+ guys thank you. Them spikes are trough meat anyways.

Also I think you should offer to ship some dirt, leaves, elk turds, blood and guts so they can get a sence of smell... like smell of vision.

This is just another step down the road...
Ebay has a nice bull elk you can shoot inside a high fence for an "easy bow or gun shot". Grain fed for tasty meat too, or so they say. somewhere around $2500
makes you want to puke.

You guys may become antique reliques, the way you're talking about hunting, the old way. haha You could get modern and go do one of these future hunts on sight and send the images live, back to your family, your grandson, or something? I can imagine that, if its not banned from the get go. IM with him, let him watch you shoot when he gets home after school and you're already out there 1000s of miles away.

Its better than a TV show on hunting and its better than getting your meat at the grocery store, in the sense that the person is actually somewhat connected to a real animal, that may be killed for meat. I can see that. I don't want to do it, but I don't want to make it illegal, just because its new and different. I do want it to be safe and enforcable.

Many handicapped people are more likely to be able to operate a keyboard, easier than they could hold a gun up to their shoulder and aim, I would guess.

TPWD is having some public comments on it after their Jan. commission meeting and before the April meeting. They are concerned about enforcement with it.

Here's another version, to learn about live animal behavior over the internet. www.fantasyhunt.com Its what inspired the www.live-shot.com development, as I understand it.

You guys don't use any aids do you? ha, like boots, so you don't hurt your feet, binoculars, since we're half blind, scopes and magnums, so we don't have to get up close. This is another aid, who knows if it will catch on or not or who would want to try it or use it. Ask some handicapped person about going to the place and sitting next to the gun with a computer. That seems most feasible to succeed, at first, if its not banned, right from the get go, to me.

Its got target shooting of a 22 now, I guess. www.live-shot.com That's it. I know something about it, the guy doing it, is my neighbor. Its real, I've seen it.

I'd rather hunt the Net then in Wisconsin..... ;)

Tom, You ever play Online Games ? I'm guessing "LAG" is an Issue, And thats a Minor issue in this.

PS. I don't get your Signature ?

lag

It works on site. I think he's putting it in the public, so nobody can patent it out from under him. A patent would cost a lot.

My signature came from a discussion about public grass rights. I guess elk eat like $12 of grass a month or something, I forgot. So say you shoot a 5.5 year old bull.

5.5*365*12/30=$24,000/30=$800+ What do you think? At 1000 lbs, they'd eat about what a family of 5 eats, actually more. That's just the food costs. A $50 tag is like "welfare hunting", especially since Pittman-Robertson funds come from the east, like Wisconsin, New York, Penn. and out of state tag fees. Some posters here, think there are welfare ranchers, they should consider costs to support their hunting. What does it cost to grow a Rocky Mountain elk? Do you know? Maybe a deer, you're on that deer committee, do they have any data like that?

Accounting for hunting, anybody do that?

Tom,

Does your family really eat as much grass as an Elk?

That is weird..... Almost as weird as you defending the looney tune who is developing the gun for the Internet.

S'pose they have a version for kids that want to shoot up school buildings, but may be handicapped and unable to sneak an assault weapon into school???

Tom,

This one will be a hard concept for you to understand, but the Elk and Deer in all states but Texas are free ranging and owned by the "people". And in places like Idaho, 70+% of the land is Public, which means nobody "owns" the land except for all of us.

Therefore, we don't charge the Elk anything to eat, as they don't actually carry money. Money is kind of a "human" thing and most animals don't have a monetary system. Maybe squirrels?

We do, however, pay funds for tags and licenses to the state department of Fish and Game, so that they can enforce laws like arresting idiots that use computer aided guns and other illegal activities advocated by Texans.

Guess that means I'm a huntin Idaho!! ;)
If it aint free it aint worth havin!! :D
Personally I like going to garage sales and looking for the free stuff. |oo
Thank goodness for welfare/otherwise I couldn't afford to hunt out a state!! :p
Good thing we got seven kids to get food stamps too!! :eek:
Oh ya Moosie/you're just going to have to wait a month or so be4 I can book that hunt with ya. Seems that with Washington's Governor recount still in limbo the checks have slowed a little. Ya know-the liberals here just aren't too sure about direct deposit yet till they know weather its a democratic or republican state yet. They are'nt too sure how much FREE MONEY will be available for us productive members of the recycled used FREE money community. Alls I know is that if I don't get my FREE money by Duck season someone's gona pay and it won't be me!! :MAD

Raybow, I don't know if you could afford a Trophy Spike hunt .... But I could Fund the Duck hunt Couple pics in the Duck section for ya. :p

Tom I don't get what all your #'s are up above there ?!?! Your end # is right but that’s some weird math. Wouldn't it just be 5.5 (Years)x12(months / year)12($ / month) = $792. (Years and Months cancel Out, Basic math there).. Hell, you got $24,000 / 30 times your Shoe size or something .....:confused:

And you're comparing the Last # ($800) to the family of 5 per month. That would still be only $12 a month according to your original post. I know Texans are bigger then Idahoans but even pygmy’s spend more then $12/month on food, Even if it's subsidized with Food stamps !!!! Since we only hunt < 1 month long out Tag and License (Not out of Staters) is like $25 witch is twice what an Elk eats. If they bumped up the Season we could be saving the State alot of money.... IN free grass ... :eek:

PS, Native Idaho Grass goes for about $100per Acre Ton which distributes over 17.75 Hectares * grass water distribution in certain hydraulic area's. If you take that into consideration in your equation you'd save $0.13 a Month over 5.5 Years = $8.58 (So $792-$8.58=$783.42) Although State tax might be applied if you plant under Article F-567 Which Exempts Gras Taxation to Native Idaho Big game Species. Although the Grass will be shared with non-game species and you need to take into account the Noxious Weed and the Fertilization .......

........................|oo

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shooterwallace78
Back